Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

In my opinion it was a penalty, i dont think Palacios got enough of the ball and to much of the man.

The fact is that he got the ball. There isn't a percentage of 'how much' that he has to satisfy before it's a penalty. It was a terrible decision by the ref.

Whyohwhy couldnt he have been in charge for our game yesterday.

Because he is a declared SHA supporter, so I don't think that he ever referees us, although I stand to be corrected on that point.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion it was a penalty, i dont think Palacios got enough of the ball and to much of the man.

The fact is that he got the ball. There isn't a percentage of 'how much' that he has to satisfy before it's a penalty. It was a terrible decision by the ref.

I didn't think it was but then on second viewing think it was, I think he pushed the man and then touched the ball.

So the foul was made before Palacios touched the ball.

If we lose to Pompey, I will never post on VillaTalk again

if he really wrote that and comes back posting (if spurs finishing 4th) and isnt banned i will never post on villatalk again

He didn't, Brumerican made it up. Was funny though :)

I just thought I'd drop in to say...

Ha ha **** you Redknapp, I've not watched the game yet but I look forward to seeing you twitching your way through extra time.

I see the Spurs fans aren't so keen to talk football this evening, no surprise there. When they do return though I would be interested to know their thoughts on the views of all the Spurs fans on 606 after the game moaning about how much long ball stuff they play to Crouch given it seems to be in direct contrast to the views expressed by Spurs fans in this thread.

Spurs play awful football with Crouch upfront but they did create far more chances with him upfront.

They'll do well to pick themselves up for the Arsenal and Chelsea games. Palacios has a 2 match ban now, Jenas has disappeared off the face of the earth and Thuddlestone looked crap after being injured so no idea who they'll play in central midfield and Kranjaer and Corluka could barely walk at the end.

Big chance for us to be above them in a few weeks time.

As happy as i am that spurs lost, i must admit im concerned at the standard of refereeing. The players are told to respect the ref, its hard to do that when these decisions are being made. It wasn't a penalty, and it should of been a goal.

The problem lies with the F.A. They back referee's at every level of the game and no doubts MON will be asked to explain why he used the term "bottled it" when talking about the inept Webb yesterday. Wiley only looks half fit to me and never seems to keep up with play. Webb and Phil Dowd clealry bottled big decisions in both Wembley games but they get to carry on refereeing at the same standard and get paid handsomely for it.

On Spurs, Redknapp lost the plot when he took Bentley off as they had no speed or width and had to rely on Bale. Krankjaer kept coming inside and they were so narrow, making it easier for Pompey to defend. On the evidence of today, Spurs will do very well to stay in the top six. hey were poor.

I just thought I'd drop in to say...

Ha ha **** you Redknapp, I've not watched the game yet but I look forward to seeing you twitching your way through extra time.

I see the Spurs fans aren't so keen to talk football this evening, no surprise there. When they do return though I would be interested to know their thoughts on the views of all the Spurs fans on 606 after the game moaning about how much long ball stuff they play to Crouch given it seems to be in direct contrast to the views expressed by Spurs fans in this thread.

Well said!

I can't say Spurs deserved to win that, despite two bad decisions by the ref to disallow the Crouch goal and then award a pen, plus Dawson slipping over on the greasy pitch at the crucial moment for their goal.

We lacked a cutting edge, Pompey defended well, showed great character and we under-estimated them.

Bollocks!

Good luck to Pompey in the final.

Fair play Glaston and I agree with your post.

spurs were looking tired towards the end and like you said lack the cutting edge I thought which is quite surprising because Spurs look good normally going foward. Because a lot of your players seemed tired I think one or two looked like they'd given up, epsecially Bassong who was making all sorts of mistakes towards the end.

Crouch is a bit of moaner considering he's a giant but if Villa were disallowed a goal like Crouch's today I'd be pretty pissed off too but overall Portsmouth played great and deserved to go through. I'm quite surprised by spurs' efforts today I must admit, didn't seem up for it at all.

Â