Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

66 away games in a row vs the big 4 without a win.

Really? Spurs haven't won away in the league against the sky 4 in 66 games? That's a stat worth double checking...and interesting to know how many more away games they have against the sky 4 this season...

Were shit tonight.

au contraire - howard webb robbed them tonight!

loved how on the way home i was flicking between five live and talksport to try and hear some nutters over excited in it, but got a load of dross from both about spurs (not even liverpool got that much of a mention, just spurs)

Typical Spurs showed no backbone against the plop last night. Could at least done with a draw.

It is a pretty good result for us though.

We are 2 points off 4th with a game in hand, I'd have taken that at this stage in the season if you had asked me in August.

Unfortunately we have a tough period comming up against Arsenal, Fulham away, Spurs Away and Man U.

We might have fallen back down by the end of that lot :(

I saw the Spurs teamsheet that Gareth Bale was starting, and thus the result of the match wasn't surprising for me really. :lol:

Have they still not won a league game when he's started as I noted he started the Hull game!

Spurs in lacking bottle and backbone away from home shock. It's been their problem for years and so once they drop points at home it becomes a big problem.

I can see them tailing off and finishing 6-7th as they have a very hard last 6-7 games of the season.

Gareth Bale has started 22 Premier League games for Spurs, and he hasnt been on the winning side once.

He has came on as substitute three times in games they have won. He came on in the 85th minute against Burnley when Spurs were 4-0 up. He came on in the 89th minute against Manchester City when Spurs were 2-0 up. He came on in the 88th minute against West Ham when Spurs were 2-0 up. So he seems pretty good at being able to come on for two minutes when the points are in the bag. I dont know if that makes him a waste of money or not, but he has got nowhere near justifying the massive transfer fee Spurs paid Southampton for him yet.

How is his record in other competitions? Is it just as bad? I remember him maybe winning at most 1 or 2 games out of maybe another 20 starts?

I would pretty much disregard his 3 substitute games that he won. 85th, 88th, 89th minutes? They could pretty much sub on one of the fans or sub off the player and not replace him with anyone, and still probably win!

Â