MON stay or go

paddy

MON, stay or go?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. MON, stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Undecided

I voted go the last time and i am voting go this time. Just don't think we play the type of football that should grace Villa Park. I don't think we will gain the success we all crave playing the Martin O'Neill way and he has wasted millions on transfers. He has taken 4 years to build a solid defence and we still lack creativity in midfield and that 20 goals a season striker. Even when such a striker becomes available, he refuses to buy him. Bent's success at Sunderland should be giving O'Neill nightmares and that very player might jump up and bite O'Neill in the arse!

I want to see the type of football that 'Big Ron's' 90s team played and gained success with it. 'Big Ron' had an eye for the player who could do that something extra and win matches. Martin O'Neill views that type of player with suspicion and although we have gained some very creditable results and league finishes, i do believe with a more forward thinking manager at the helm, we would as far as quality of squad and Cup success is concerned, be much further forward.

I hope i have to eat a huge lump of humble pie at some stage inside the next year which will end the 'five year plan.' However, i sincerely doubt it and i believe O'Neill has taken us as far as he can!

Let's get this right, you'd prefer tippy tappy relegation football like west broms, over mons top 6 style football?

I personally couldn't care less about how we play, rather than how many points we get. Who would you get in, Mourinho? Who plays the same style.

Trust someone to pick West Brom instead of Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, or indeed even Wigan under their new manager. :x

What im saying is that with our style of football at the moment, can you see us being successful in Cup competitions, winning the Premiership or even gaining success in Europe? Nope, i didn't think so. I'm sick and tired of watching the likes of Wigan out playing us, yet you seem quite happy to see this. We need a manager who will buy technically gifted players to play in a way which will gain success for our club and fans. We at he moment play hoofball and are just too predicable!

I assume the 2 people 2 vote 'go' are taking the piss?

Stay. We're averaging 2 points a game and we've had to play Liverpool, Chelsea City and an away derby. Fantastic start continuing on from his impressive first 3 years.

It's 5 now ffs.

It seems some Villlatalk posters are seriously in need of a reality check.

I voted go the last time and i am voting go this time. Just don't think we play the type of football that should grace Villa Park. I don't think we will gain the success we all crave playing the Martin O'Neill way and he has wasted millions on transfers. He has taken 4 years to build a solid defence and we still lack creativity in midfield and that 20 goals a season striker. Even when such a striker becomes available, he refuses to buy him. Bent's success at Sunderland should be giving O'Neill nightmares and that very player might jump up and bite O'Neill in the arse!

I want to see the type of football that 'Big Ron's' 90s team played and gained success with it. 'Big Ron' had an eye for the player who could do that something extra and win matches. Martin O'Neill views that type of player with suspicion and although we have gained some very creditable results and league finishes, i do believe with a more forward thinking manager at the helm, we would as far as quality of squad and Cup success is concerned, be much further forward.

I hope i have to eat a huge lump of humble pie at some stage inside the next year which will end the 'five year plan.' However, i sincerely doubt it and i believe O'Neill has taken us as far as he can!

I swear I've heard that type of thing before....

Newcastle-fans-001.jpg

In fairness to Sting he's sticking around and standing by his opinion, look at the threads from the Summer and you'll notice many of the most damning posters have not been seen since.

Meh, there will always be a select number of silly gooses that aren't pleased after beating a very good Chelsea 2-1.

Although i do prefer tippy tappy football, if i want that i'll watch Barcelona or Arsenal, but Villa are my team and all i want is for us to win regardless of how we play tbh.

And so in turn, he should stay as hes done and is still doing a good job.

Oh, and to sting who suggested our current style of football wont get us anywhere, Mourinho and Capello hardly play lovely flowing possesion football do they?

Hard work will win you trophies, and thats what we do very well.

Keep him until Rafa becomes available...

Yeah, and you know what all the press are going to be saying as soon as Rafa goes. MON favourite for the hot seat etc.....but he won't be remotely interested

Let's get this right, you'd prefer tippy tappy relegation football like west broms, over mons top 6 style football?

I personally couldn't care less about how we play, rather than how many points we get. Who would you get in, Mourinho? Who plays the same style.

Trust someone to pick West Brom instead of Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, or indeed even Wigan under their new manager. :x

What im saying is that with our style of football at the moment, can you see us being successful in Cup competitions, winning the Premiership or even gaining success in Europe? Nope, i didn't think so. I'm sick and tired of watching the likes of Wigan out playing us, yet you seem quite happy to see this. We need a manager who will buy technically gifted players to play in a way which will gain success for our club and fans. We at he moment play hoofball and are just too predicable!

Bottom line is old chap, if we are to play 'tippy tappy' football, we need some better 'tippy tappers' than West Broms !!!!

The Arse play a mix of long and short ball football, thus proving that if you have class players you will get quality, winning football ( mostly).

West Brom are a good exapmle of 'tippy tappy' on the cheap, that is what I think Max was saying .

I assume the 2 people 2 vote 'go' are taking the piss?

Stay. We're averaging 2 points a game and we've had to play Liverpool, Chelsea City and an away derby. Fantastic start continuing on from his impressive first 3 years.

It's 5 now ffs.

It seems some Villlatalk posters are seriously in need of a reality check.

I agree. I don't care what anyone says, some are just after a moan. If we're doing this well in January and, like last season, we fail to make the top 4 then no doubt it'll be because we didn't strengthen in Jan. However, if we're doing this well in Jan and sign a £20m striker, then fail to make the top 4 then no doubt the same people will be saying "Why try and fix something that isn't broken", etc.

Some people need to look at things with a bit more perspective. Where were we before MON? Basically struggling to stay alive in the league. Yes, people may say we spend money, but then I'd ask them to work out how much each club has spent on their squads and I can guarentee we won't be in the top 4 spending, so why do some thing finishing outside the top 4 is failure? Mental really, mental.

All this talk about a 20 goal striker is a bit of a myth. If we had a forward line that was regularly missing good opportunities or even failing to make good runs and take up good positions then fair enough but that aint happening. If we need anything we need a central midfielder who gets more assists, Sidwell or Petrov rarely play killer balls, Petrov in particular is excellent at breaking up opposition play and releasing the ball but this is where we miss Barry.

Back on topic, duh, he must stay, to say anything else is mental. If we didn't have MON who would be better?? I've had my frustrations with him but there's nobody else who's going to do a better job. If we had an arab trillionaire owner then maybe there's a better 'big signing' manager out there, where man-management is less of an issue, but I'd love to hear who the 'fed-up five' would replace him with.

Arsenal do not win sweet FA with their beautiful game. We have a team of hungry British players, trying to wrestle their title back from the foreign invaders. Please stay and finish the job Mr O'Neil.

PS IMO this season could be the best chance we have to break this cartel up, we have no Europe and all of the usual top 4 seem beatable. 120-1.mmmmmmmm if I put a £10 on or even £100 that would give me...........! UTV

MON out, we're going to be relegated. He bought rubbish defenders like Dunne and Collins, he persists with Gabby who can't score, Milner and Young have been wastes of money and why on earth did he swap the great Milan Baros for John Carew? He LOST in the Champions League final, Baros won it.

Quite simply he's the best thing to happen to us in a decade.

Anyone that wants him out simply because you want a bit more 'pretty' football needs their head checking.

We've got a great squad, the best defence in the league, a great balance of youth and experience, have beaten Chelsea and Liverpool already this season - not just drawn, BEAT.

Add in two top 6 finishes and people like Delph, Downing, Albrighton waiting in the wings and it's impossible to be bleak right now.

By the way, am I the only one that didn't get as involved in us beating either Liverpool or Chelsea as I did the night that the kids beat Juve heroically on pens in the Peace Cup? I keep thinking back to Del Piero's arrogance and laughing.