MON stay or go

paddy

MON, stay or go?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. MON, stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Undecided

Gringo was going to repeat this on a weekly basis but i think there only was one. Last time 133 wanted him to stay, 18 to go.

First time was in April was 416 for him to stay, 13 to go, 11 'it depends' and 12 were undecided.

This time we'll just go with stay, go and undecided. Again no discussion, you can state your opinion and why you think it but no discussion/argument otherwise you'll get this closed quicker than you can say "I want Dr. Venglos back".

I'm anticipating less people in the 'go' category this time, but it will be interesting to see.

I assume the 2 people 2 vote 'go' are taking the piss?

Stay. We're averaging 2 points a game and we've had to play Liverpool, Chelsea City and an away derby. Fantastic start continuing on from his impressive first 3 years.

Gringo was going to repeat this on a weekly basis but i think there only was one. Last time 133 wanted him to stay, 18 to go.

First time was in April was 416 for him to stay, 13 to go, 11 'it depends' and 12 were undecided.

There was three of them, and the general consensus last time was that because the 90-10 split was reasonably consistent, to leave it to a monthly poll - and I guess we were due one this friday; but no, it's OK, you go on and steal my thunder :evil:

The results up to 18th September were:

image002f.gif

with the results of the last poll (118 (90%) for, 13(9%) against) still to be added on.

It would appear that apart from two polls taken in August (transfer window blues) he seems to achieve a resonably consistent 90% or thereabouts. I'm sure sled can advise us later on the median and mode etc.

There was three of them, and the general consensus last time was that because the 90-10 split was reasonably consistent, to leave it to a monthly poll - and I guess we were due one this friday; but no, it's OK, you go on and steal my thunder

:D No worries, thought it was a weekly vote you were planning, as quick search of "MON stay or go" didn't show up anything for about 3 weeks so thought I'd go for it. I'll wait next time!

I voted go the last time and i am voting go this time. Just don't think we play the type of football that should grace Villa Park. I don't think we will gain the success we all crave playing the Martin O'Neill way and he has wasted millions on transfers. He has taken 4 years to build a solid defence and we still lack creativity in midfield and that 20 goals a season striker. Even when such a striker becomes available, he refuses to buy him. Bent's success at Sunderland should be giving O'Neill nightmares and that very player might jump up and bite O'Neill in the arse!

I want to see the type of football that 'Big Ron's' 90s team played and gained success with it. 'Big Ron' had an eye for the player who could do that something extra and win matches. Martin O'Neill views that type of player with suspicion and although we have gained some very creditable results and league finishes, i do believe with a more forward thinking manager at the helm, we would as far as quality of squad and Cup success is concerned, be much further forward.

I hope i have to eat a huge lump of humble pie at some stage inside the next year which will end the 'five year plan.' However, i sincerely doubt it and i believe O'Neill has taken us as far as he can!

I voted go the last time and i am voting go this time. Just don't think we play the type of football that should grace Villa Park. I don't think we will gain the success we all crave playing the Martin O'Neill way and he has wasted millions on transfers. He has taken 4 years to build a solid defence and we still lack creativity in midfield and that 20 goals a season striker. Even when such a striker becomes available, he refuses to buy him. Bent's success at Sunderland should be giving O'Neill nightmares and that very player might jump up and bite O'Neill in the arse!

I want to see the type of football that 'Big Ron's' 90s team played and gained success with it. 'Big Ron' had an eye for the player who could do that something extra and win matches. Martin O'Neill views that type of player with suspicion and although we have gained some very creditable results and league finishes, i do believe with a more forward thinking manager at the helm, we would as far as quality of squad and Cup success is concerned, be much further forward.

I hope i have to eat a huge lump of humble pie at some stage inside the next year which will end the 'five year plan.' However, i sincerely doubt it and i believe O'Neill has taken us as far as he can!

Let's get this right, you'd prefer tippy tappy relegation football like west broms, over mons top 6 style football?

I personally couldn't care less about how we play, rather than how many points we get. Who would you get in, Mourinho? Who plays the same style.

Good lord...

pijobf4e8h-t.jpg

and that 20 goals a season striker. Even when such a striker becomes available, he refuses to buy him. Bent's success at Sunderland should be giving O'Neill nightmares and that very player might jump up and bite O'Neill in the arse!

Hardly any players bang in 20 goals though. I think ROoneys only ever done it once and that's considering he has CL football as well. If you're talking league goals, it just aint ever gonna happen.

I'd happy play 'boring' football and win than be another WBA, any day.

At this moment we're doing better than I thought we'd be, but Chelsea game aside, we play one dimensional, limited football that will never get us into the top 4. I voted go.

I voted go the last time and i am voting go this time. Just don't think we play the type of football that should grace Villa Park.
Sorry, but I seriously don't see how anybody sober can say that type of football we played on Saturday was unworthy of Villa Park.

It was **** brilliant. What more were you wanting?