PL: Fulham h 2009/08/30 Match Thread ko 1600

limpid

Interesting that when we didn't have the ball Ash went to defend right behind Gabby, like in 4-4-1-1.. Milner's going to the left all the time too. Good movement today and overall play is very nice but it's difficult to break Fulham down when they play their 0-0 away game. Fulham barely had one half chance all half.

Clark looked good, Gabby played well so far, although he's been a bit slow to pass it.

Happy with the possession football too, too often last year we just smashed it up field. Delph might be worth bringing on, bit more creativity in the middle, but then again, I don't know who we could replace him with.

Watching the game it seems more of practice game for Fulham; hope they keep it that way.

We need to use Sidwell more; he is getting into good forward positions but the players not finding him. He will be the one to support Gabby in the box. All doing well against their immediate opponent.

From what I saw of the 1st half we're playing very well but still within ourselves. Gabby is doing a job upfront, closing down and making a nuisance of himself but hasn't been an 'attacking' threat - that's not knocking him but the system we're playing.

The midfield look terrific though - we're not giving Fulham an inch to move in!

The defence look good too - you wouldn't pick Clark out as being on his debut, he's looked assured and comfortable so far.

Hopefully we'll snag an early goal in the 2nd and kill the game off!

Well I have t osay am pretty pleased with the half , Its nice to see us have possession instead of hoofing it !

I do feel we still need a creative midfielder to come in and gabby for me is not good enough ,he can run but offers little else .

Playing some great possessien football, need to mix it up in the final third. Hangeland is thriving off those crosses and it's all we're doing. Mix it up, take him out of the equation, and we'll look brighter infront of goal. Otherwise, can't complain.

Clark looks promising and should take heart from that half., Rets of the team looking good. Hopefully we can make the most of all the play we've had an knock another in.