1. 1. Who should be our captain?

• Davies
    • L. Young
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • NRC
    • Carew
    • Milner

NRC Captain? I'm sorry but why? What on earth does he have that is captain material?

He's a bull in a china shop, he's all effort, little intelligence and very little end product, seems to have exactly the wrong attributes for captain

He's not good enough to be in the first team imo so how he can even be an option is beyond me

For me it has to be Petrov

For me NRC is a natural leader, motivator, organiser, communicator, a destroyer and someone who's effort and work rate would rub off on the team. No other player at the club could have this said about them and as such NRC is the only choice for captain imo.

Sure his passing is poor that's a genuine knock on the guy and something that has to be improved but all we need to get him to do is win the ball and then offload it to Young or Milner and basically keep it simple and that will be problem solved.

Petrov for me is the opposite to NRC in that he can pass the ball a bit but other than that the rest of his game is lacking. For this reason he shouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy or a 442 formation.

NRC..if he played. I think Davies would make a good captain. It might even give him a kick up the arse. Petrov is a big no for me.

Petrov - Not captain material at all

NRC - Doesn't play enough

L. Young - Rumours are he is unhappy

Sidwell - Doesn't play enough

Davies - Not good enough

Carew - Great player but too many injuries

Milner - Great drive and determination, excellent engine, the only choice out of this list for me

Petrov - Not captain material at all

NRC - Doesn't play enough

L. Young - Rumours are he is unhappy

Sidwell - Doesn't play enough

Davies - Not good enough

Carew - Great player but too many injuries

Milner - Great drive and determination, excellent engine, the only choice out of this list for me

Out of that little lot I'd say:

Petrov - Not too bad a choice

NRC - I wanted him to be captain when he first arrived

L. Young - Dignified and reasonably self-assured, but is that enough?

Sidwell - Has someone suggested Sidwell?? :D

Davies - Might be good therapy for him, but that's a lame reason for making him captain

Carew - Dunno, he's certainly a leader

Milner - I don't think he'd like it. I'm sure he sees himself as one of the workers, putting in loads of sweat and effort

Soulja Boy who can't pass?! I know most here are just fifteen, but have none of you ever been in a team!?

1. Petrov

2. L. Young

I don't know. You are asking if 52% of us have ever been in a team and saying we are under 15. Unless I am very much mistaken.

Our Captain should be Van der Vaart, We should entice him by coming and being the main figure in getting Champions League football, make him captain and let him Dictate the tempo of our football...

Another one for NRC. Bring him into a 5-man midfield and let him do all the dirty work and leave the ball to a teammate. Would work a treat.

that is exactly what I think he could be very good at. Our Makelele. He doesn't have to be an amazing player (I don't think makelele was amazing), but he hassles opposite player with the ball, intercepts, breaks down play and makes some good blocks and supports the defence.

Our defence at the moment needs a player like that because it cannot cope on it's own. Coker is a reasonable unit and also is strong and reasonably pacey for someone of his build.

He is like a Jack Russell, not massive but all muscle and energy, exactly like Makelele was.

It leaves Petrov a bit more space, it allows Milner and Ashley and Downing to push up the field and do what they like.

I can only conclude that the 25 people who voted for Petrov didn't watch the Malaga, Atlante, and Wigan game to see how painfully there was no leadership on the field. Also they must be unaware of his troubles with depression. How can you rely on someone to lead when they're prone to curl up in the foetal position when life gets tough(not maligning depression or anyone suffering from it but not an ideal problem for a leader to have).

Â