1. 1. Who should be our captain?

• Davies
    • L. Young
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • NRC
    • Carew
    • Milner

I dont know whether this has been discussed elsewhere but as i cant see it i think its an important issue that needs to be discussed.

Currently Mr Petrov is our captain but for me he is not the Leading type and never will be again i think its to do with MON's favouritism for certain players.

If i was to vote anyone to captain the team it would probably be Heskey as much as i dont like him but he would be a more determined figure and a better leader.

or even Fridel if i had a second choice.

Discuss :)

**** me is there anything right with our club?

So what are you saying ? Petrov is the leading type ? Because if you think that then your deluded.

All comes down to favourtism ffs he was shite for 3 years.

Shocking to think hes a leader

Not too mention he's struggled on-and-off with depression. Hope he felt ok after Saturday. I fear for him if MON persists with him in a 4-4-2 in the Europa and Liverpool game.

NRC is our best bet right now. Problem is i dont believe MON rates him, judging by not starting him on Sat. If all is not well in the dressing room, bring in Viera and let him be captain. At least players will look up to him i think, not much he hasnt won, i know hes not the player he was, but we have enough young players to do his running, we need influence, leadership and experience!

This is a significant issue. We didn't just lose two very, very good players in Laursen and Barry we lost two leaders down the spine of our team. There's only Brad left with that quality and I hope MON re-addresses this.

Luke Young or Jimmy Milner I think could make good captains. James seems to be all about the game, totally focused and determined, if he can express himself well enough to the players could work. Reo Coker also looked good during Peace Cup, but thats if he plays.

I dont know whether this has been discussed elsewhere but as i cant see it i think its an important issue that needs to be discussed.

Currently Mr Petrov is our captain but for me he is not the Leading type and never will be again i think its to do with MON's favouritism for certain players.

If i was to vote anyone to captain the team it would probably be Heskey as much as i dont like him but he would be a more determined figure and a better leader.

or even Fridel if i had a second choice.

Discuss :)

I swear you are on a different **** planet at times. Petrov our player of the season last year, our most experienced outfield player, former captain of his country, suffering from a shoulder issue, not match fit, gets paired with a 19 year old in midfield who has had no Premiership experience because the manager is insane and we lose 1 game. Suddenly you feel he shows no leadership?

I would not be surprised if you have been winding this entire forum up all summer long.

NRC, MON seems to agree after the peace cup, thought he was our captain for it?

Yes. It's amazing how MON played Petrov and Delph ahead of NRC(and Sidwell for that matter) but a lot of people tell me he's a genius. Some even say he's the Messiah.

Â