• Davies
    • L. Young
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • NRC
    • Carew
    • Milner

Nigel Reo-Coker

Go back to playing the diamond with Petrov has the holding man. Reo-Coker inside right and Milner inside left. Young behind the strikers in free role. Allowing him to get free of his markers:

Petrov

Reo-Coker Milner

Young

NRC every time. Just like Laursen he puts his body on the line and gives total commitment. He is also the biggest talker that we have and plays slap bang in the position I want to see my captain in - DCM. Yes, he is never going to be Ronaldo or Messi but you need a mix of players in a team and we need what Nigel brings massively at the minute.

Yes please. NRC can't pass as well as Petrov but seeing as the only time he got the ball on Saturday(and end of last season) was from the back, to which he passed it back to a defender to hoof, I'd have NRC over him every time.

Petrov was caught to far back in attack and too far forward in defence because he hasn't the legs to get forward in attack and track back in defence in a 4-4-2!

He is a luxury that can float near half way in a 4-5-1 with the protection of a hard tackler like NRC(he can block opposition players channels for NRC to close them down).

If we got a Tuncay/VDVesque player to play in the hole Petrov's time is up in a 4-4-2, I'm sorry.

This will never happen because of MON and this is one of MON's main faults IMO. The inability to see the obvious.

NRC every time. Just like Laursen he puts his body on the line and gives total commitment. He is also the biggest talker that we have and plays slap bang in the position I want to see my captain in - DCM. Yes, he is never going to be Ronaldo or Messi but you need a mix of players in a team and we need what Nigel brings massively at the minute.

Yes please. NRC can't pass as well as Petrov but seeing as the only time he got the ball on Saturday(and end of last season) was from the back, to which he passed it back to a defender to hoof, I'd have NRC over him every time.

Petrov was caught to far back in attack and too far forward in defence because he hasn't the legs to get forward in attack and track back in defence in a 4-4-2!

He is a luxury that can float near half way in a 4-5-1 with the protection of a hard tackler like NRC(he can block opposition players channels for NRC to close them down).

If we got a Tuncay/VDVesque player to play in the hole Petrov's time is up in a 4-4-2, I'm sorry.

This will never happen because of MON and this is one of MON's main faults IMO. The inability to see the obvious.

Rubbish,Petrov wasn`t the problem delph was,Or should i say expecting delph to come in and work wonders straight away was,And yes that was o`neills fault,But he is a top manager mate you talk about him as if he is some half wit.

It takes two people to lock down the centre of the park mate.

Rubbish,Petrov wasn`t the problem delph was,Or should i say expecting delph to come in and work wonders straight away was,And yes that was o`neills fault,But he is a top manager mate you talk about him as if he is some half wit.

Petrov and Barry did well in a 4-4-2 once MON gave up on 4-5-1 last season. Oh no wait. They we're cack. Barry saved Petrov from looking as sh!t as he did against Wigan(and Malaga and part of Atlante game for that matter)

Petrov and Barry did well in a 4-4-2 once MON gave up on 4-5-1 last season. Oh no wait. They we're cack. Barry saved Petrov from looking as sh!t as he did against Wigan(and Malaga and part of Atlante game for that matter)

Yeah the player of the season was shit last season,Keep it going mate it is comedy,Not very good comedy but still it all counts.

Yeah the player of the season was shit last season,Keep it going mate it is comedy,Not very good comedy but still it all counts.

Your telling me you thought we we're good from February after we switched to 4-4-2 with Barry and Petrov in CM? Seriously?

Your telling me you thought we we're good from February after we switched to 4-4-2 with Barry and Petrov in CM? Seriously?

No we were shite mate,We ended up sixth in the best league in the world,I agree with you completely it was shite,And our player of the season was shite,I agree with you.

I dont know whether this has been discussed elsewhere

Nope, we've never had a captain thread before ;)

Seriously though. I voted NRC, but I think our captain should be someone who is one of the first names on the team sheet, and NRC isn't, even if he does deserve to be starting at the moment.

No we were shite mate,We ended up sixth in the best league in the world,I agree with you completely it was shite,And our player of the season was shite,I agree with you.

Where were we in the table based on February till the end of the season form? 17th?

Â