1. 1. Who should be our captain?

• Davies
    • L. Young
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • NRC
    • Carew
    • Milner

i think we have a winner, a serious question has to be asked as to why he didn't appear at all against wigan, i'm fully behind MON, but at the moment i cannot see a villa team without Reo-Coker in it.

Landslide. You can see why there were boos and ironic cheers on Saturday. I know MON is the manager but surely 70% of the fans cannot be wrong - or can they??

It is beyond me how NRC didn't even get on the park. I would go as far as to say it is a disgrace after the pre-season that he had.

Either MON likes him and should have started with him IMO or he doesn't rate and should have sold him in the summer - I'm sure we could have recouped most of our investment - and replaced him with another DCM that he will use.

Seriously, there should be at least one leader in each area. Keeper, a dominant centre half, midfielder and striker. That is what's missing, a strong spine. In fact, there should be 11 leaders on the pitch.

As for the NRC argument, if Petrov is captain and he vice/deputy captain, then why the hell isn't he on the pitch along with Petrov?! it undermines his position of that role by being sat on the bloody bench! He's not the best footballer there is, but I remember seeing him on his debut go upto every defender and nearly every other Villa player and tell them exactly what was required, and I thought 'you'll do for me, son!'

I do find it funny that people are questioning Petrov now, after he was voted supporters player of the year, and in fact, did no worse or better than Barry in both 4-5-1 and 4-4-2. The issue with him is that he's clearly not fit, so shouldn't have played on Saturday. Same goes with Davies.

I do find it funny that people are questioning Petrov now, after he was voted supporters player of the year, and in fact, did no worse or better than Barry in both 4-5-1 and 4-4-2. The issue with him is that he's clearly not fit, so shouldn't have played on Saturday. Same goes with Davies.

Or the penny has dropped like it has for me that Petrov is gash in a 4-4-2 formation but he was carried by the presence of Laursen and Barry when we were ok and didn't look as shit when we were bad because Barry was next to him. Without those two against Malaga, Atlante(for 20 mins) and Wigan he looks toatlly out of his depth because of his lack of pace(he never had a lot so fitness is not in question).

Â