• Davies
    • L. Young
    • Petrov
    • Sidwell
    • NRC
    • Carew
    • Milner

Some even say he's the Messiah

Give me just one example when a poster on here said that....please do but I think you will be rather a long time.... infact you won't!

I put messiah in search and it came up with 139 results.

Give me just one example when a poster on here said that....please do but I think you will be rather a long time.... infact you won't!

Really cause I got 412 all of them originate from people like you Post for Effect much?

Really cause I got 412 all of them originate from people like you Post for Effect much?

Your post made it 413.

I dont know whether this has been discussed elsewhere but as i cant see it i think its an important issue that needs to be discussed.

Currently Mr Petrov is our captain but for me he is not the Leading type and never will be again i think its to do with MON's favouritism for certain players.

If i was to vote anyone to captain the team it would probably be Heskey as much as i dont like him but he would be a more determined figure and a better leader.

or even Fridel if i had a second choice.

Discuss :)

I swear you are on a different **** planet at times. Petrov our player of the season last year, our most experienced outfield player, former captain of his country, suffering from a shoulder issue, not match fit, gets paired with a 19 year old in midfield who has had no Premiership experience because the manager is insane and we lose 1 game. Suddenly you feel he shows no leadership?

I would not be surprised if you have been winding this entire forum up all summer long.

This. All day long.

Also. This.

captainbirdseye.jpg

If i was to vote anyone to captain the team it would probably be Heskey as much as i dont like him but he would be a more determined figure and a better leader.

or even Fridel if i had a second choice.

God we'd have to be fukin desperate. Friedel can't even arrange the defence as they never look as if they know whether to clear the ball or play it. Hesey I'm assuming you meant as a joke. He couldn't lead his arse to the lav. The only player with true captain credentials in NRC who IMO should be in the side.

In truth, Villa haven't got a proper Captain in the side. NRC isn't a good enough player to hold down a place. Davies is a rabbit caught in the headlights and Petrov isn't a leader at all. I've said it a few times in the transfer thread, I hope that we are yet to sign our new skipper.

Disagree. I think NRC would be a fine captain. Great engine, hard working and leads by example. Also a talker.

Many of the qualities that Laursen had?? And he wasn't a great footballer either!

IMO not everybody in the midfield needs to be a superstar/footballer - you need someone with an engine who can be disruptive to the opposition. Gattuso is not the greatest footballer but he looks good alongside Pirlo, the playmaker, and has won a world cup medal.

NRC without a doubt - and he should be the joint 1st on the team sheet every week along with Carew, but I think its only the manager who cant see this.

He isnt Kaka , but every team including the top 4 have a Nige in their side , whether it be Scholes, Essien (before Makalele) etc...

Yes he isnt the best passer of the ball, but nor was Boateng, nor was Des Bremner, nor was Townsend - but they were all 100% leaders.

In fact, in Townsends case, he became twice the player he was ,when he was made captain!

NRC !

Before the Wigan game this thread would have easily favoured Petrov. Dont write him off just because of 1 game, in which he was arguably one of our better performers, but who was left exposed by the tactics employed by his manager.

Â