PL: Liverpool a 2009/08/24 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great performance in that first half lads! Keep it up!

Really hope MON doesn't let them sit back and soak up pressure cause Liverpool will score. We need to continue playing the way we have been.

Probably Sidwell's best game so far in C&B. Reo Coker playing amazing too, such a great tackler. I think Milner and Gabby are playing good combos, need to keep that up.

Here's for a 1-3 win to the mighty mighty Villa!!

COME ON YOU CLARET AND BLUE!!!

the easy half is over.

now comes the hard part... defending for 45 mins.

remember Man Utd last year - lets not get too carried away yet.

Liverpool will come out strong, we need to hold firm. If they get one goal, then they'll end up getting another before the end.

be strong Lions.

I cant believe this,

the commentator saying they should go and question the fourth official becuase of the extra 40 seconds, are you having a laugh...

I think the commentary team may be a little bit...er...biased, don't you think? :lol:

I know it's just shocking,

I'm a positive guy when it comes to Villa, but this is not over yet, let's just hold it together and M'ON stick to 4-5-1 :D...

I've been very impressed with Reo-Coker, doing what we need him to do. He works in this formation.

Davies and Cuellar are looking better, getting in front of everything. Better than they have been anyway, and a fantastic goal for Davies.

Shorey... he looks like he's havin a good game. He's bursting forward, getting tackles in. Not quality, but not looking like the Shorey from the Wigan game. Confidence based player?

Milner has had a good half. Young, not doing anything of note. Apart from the freekick he's been shite again. Gabby is doing well, getting about and making his presence known.

It's been a good, encouraging half.

Down to MON now.

45 Mins to go what will he tell the players, i hope he wont ask us to sit back and defend like we did at old trafford not at anfield surely, he needs to make the right subs as well will he bring on lowry for agbonlahor? only time will tell i hope he makes the correct decisions and seals the 3 points UTV

Guest Ricardomeister

After the first 15 mins, when they could easily have scored a couple, we have defended well. Very lucky first goal and a well-worked 2nd.

I wish Torres would shut his big gob....moaning the whole half....and good to see FSW lose his cool....there had to be more than 1 minute to be added after Reina kicked the ball away.

Let's hope we can keep organised defensively...and I wonder if the media will highlight the scousers booing their team off at half-time? No, I thought not!

Theres something about Gabby up front in a 4-5-1. No idea what, why or how but it works so I don't care.

I swear he just makes more space than Heskey does, He is also so hard to defend against in terms of the movement he makes

i said that in the build up, IMO hustle and bustle just plays straight into carraghers and skrtls hands, gabby pulls them about and creates a bit of space

if we werent backs to the walls and sidwell didnt have to stay deep its a hole for him ash or jimmy to go into

What a great performance in that first half lads! Keep it up!

Really hope MON doesn't let them sit back and soak up pressure cause Liverpool will score. We need to continue playing the way we have been.

Probably Sidwell's best game so far in C&B. Reo Coker playing amazing too, such a great tackler. I think Milner and Gabby are playing good combos, need to keep that up.

Here's for a 1-3 win to the mighty mighty Villa!!

COME ON YOU CLARET AND BLUE!!!

Yeah the team just look like a ton weight has been taken from their shoulders,

just need to keep calm and settle it down,

and hope the team can also keep calm and settle it down :D...