The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Wasn't that sure about them (still aren't if truth be known) but really liked their cover of The Table's Do the Standing Still that came out this week

Have had their album Kung fu 1,2 on pretty much all summer, even my kids love it! 

The Tables cover is very good indeed - no doubt it’ll get played tomorrow.

• Like 1

So (after my gripe about people talking during gigs) the Boy Azooga concert was really decent. 

They (he) certainly knows how to play and with a permanent grin on his face too. 

I’d definitely get tickets to see them again for sure. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to this tonight...

COC-admat-Updated-800px.thumb.jpg.f6b48f4f3499c6be54d3a0d0019a8efa.jpg

I've seen CoC a few times and they are always good value, but I've been wanting to see Orange Goblin for a while now (bloody love em!) So they're a huge bonus.

Live music...cannot beat it ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Looking forward to this tonight...

COC-admat-Updated-800px.thumb.jpg.f6b48f4f3499c6be54d3a0d0019a8efa.jpg

I've seen CoC a few times and they are always good value, but I've been wanting to see Orange Goblin for a while now (bloody love em!) So they're a huge bonus.

Live music...cannot beat it ?

Seen Goblin twice, last time at the Slade rooms up close & personal...got to have a chat with Big Ben, and got this from the merch stand

4kC8yNb.jpg

• Like 1

richard ashcroft at rock city last night, my guest list ticket, should have been £47.50

weird as ****! he had no support, he had a god awful emotionless DJ, it was freezing inside, think they had the air con on full blast, he turned up 30 mins late, apparently he's ill and shouldnt be playing but he did anyway, was on stage for about an hour and 45, sang 12 songs...he was blatantly off his tits, first 7 songs were 10 minutes long each and had breakdowns, raps, rants not a clue what else, some stuff about lilly allen, soccer am, this morning and other stuff, he missed off some huge songs from his usual set list and despite all of that it was still strangely brilliant

think by the time he comes to brum in april he will have got it down to a 20 song setlist that he absolutely nails (when he calmed down for the encore he belted out drugs dont work and BSS) and i will be glad to have experienced last night

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Been blackmailed into seeing a gig tonight - Marissa Nadler.

Just checked her and the venue out.

Think I can sleep through it :detect:

She was on Marc RIley doing a session last night. She's a bit Marmite I think. Not my cup of tea

1 hour ago, bickster said:

She was on Marc RIley doing a session last night. She's a bit Marmite I think. Not my cup of tea

My date got the wrong Church!

She got me to go to Richmond and the gig was in Stoke Newington.

Whoop!

chance.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xann said:

My date got the wrong Church!

She got me to go to Richmond and the gig was in Stoke Newington.

Whoop!

chance.jpeg

It's either a double bonus of no Nadler and added guilt on her behalf or... she took someone else ?

• Haha 1

Last time I was at the Brudenell (Walter Trout) earlier this year, the support band was a rather good bunch of Brummie lads called Broken Witt Rebels. Last night (Canadian boogie merchants The Sheepdogs), the support was an even better bunch of Brummie lads called The Good Water - playing a very accurate simulation of (circa 1967) British psychedelia. Enjoyable evening. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Parquet Courts were awesome in Bristol last night, save for only playing a little over an hour and a quarter and not coming back for an encore :(

SWX is a great little venue too

I kinda prefer it when they just play the set and be done with it a la New Order et al. Somehow the set seems less contrived. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Their set was great, missed off a couple of tunes so naturally thought they’d reappear.

Hows your time in Bristol going? Did you find a gig in place of the queen movie? 

I was toying with Acid Mothers Temple but opted to watch Netflix instead and stare at the records I bought and can’t play until I get home tomorrow. I was knackered to be honest and just didn’t fancy a gig in the end

• Like 1

Greta Van Fleet on Wednesday, my stepdaughter saw them in London last night and said they were "**** fantastic". that's good enough for me!

Also just booked Buckcherry, Hoobastank and Adelita's way next Feb for £25, a bargain indeed.

On 11/11/2018 at 16:01, theboyangel said:

Parquet Courts were awesome in Bristol last night, save for only playing a little over an hour and a quarter and not coming back for an encore :(

SWX is a great little venue too

I saw them in Newcastle last week, and they were very good indeed. I can't help think that they would be better trimming the set down, and banging out the tunes a bit quicker. I said to my mate, if they'd done the set a bit quicker, cut out the slower songs, they'd be the kind of band who would blow all others away, at a festival. The kind of band you'd hate to have to follow. 

• Like 1

Â