The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Got my eye on the Positive Vibration Festival in Liverpool this year, mainly because Adrian Sherwood and Creation Rebel are on. Misty in Roots will also be good. Also like to see Mungo's and DJ sets from Don Letts and Studio One Sound System will keep me going

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Got my eye on the Positive Vibration Festival in Liverpool this year, mainly because Adrian Sherwood and Creation Rebel are on. Misty in Roots will also be good. Also like to see Mungo's and DJ sets from Don Letts and Studio One Sound System will keep me going

Looked at going to this last year, but didn't manage to sort it. May try again, looking at the line up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

That Rock Werchter Line up is dreadful apart from the Sunday. Line Up has gone downhill

Me and Blandy saw Radiohead, Sigur Ros and Band of Horses plus a few other decent bands all on one day when we went

Wait , there’s a downhill from Radiohead ????

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Big Cun... :D

Edit: and don’t even get me started on that Mancunian bunch of mung bean eaters James :mrgreen:

at my daughters school concert the other month one of the hipster parents had clearly done the job on their kid , Ramone's T-shirt and then his solo piece was a song by Radiohead

he was about 2 1/2 minutes in when I realised he wasn't  tuning his guitar and that was the actual song he was playing

PS  - Karma Police was lifted from the Beatles , that sorta makes you a Beatles fan  :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bickster said:

Also like to see Mungo's 

Got tickets for their sound system in April. Wanted to do a sound system gig for a while and this one just fell local so it would have been rude not to.

Got 4 weeks to get my white man dreads sorted.

On my hobby horse of ticket prices. This is 5 hours long, with guest appearances and support and whatnot. Ticket was a tenner. Would have been £8 but I missed the early bird offer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Lovely Eggs in Preston in May and Courtney Barnett in Manchester in June. Looking at Lucy Dacus in Manchester in April, too.

Might have investigate the possibility of both of those. Just bought the Lovely Eggs album today as it appens 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, blandy said:

Lovely Eggs in Preston in May and Courtney Barnett in Manchester in June. Looking at Lucy Dacus in Manchester in April, too.

Looking forward to seeing them at Glastonwick, along with Peter and the Test Tube Babies, The Popguns, Babar Luck, and Helen McCookerybook

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

hoping the Eggs don't get too popular, took me ages to find a brilliant band nobody had heard of, can't be arsed to start looking for a new cause :)

Sorry if I end up screwing that up for you. Managed to enlist 10 people from the OH’s office to join us on the Sunday to see them. 

PS - you should stop recommending such bands if you want to keep them to yourself ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, choffer said:

Looking forward to seeing them at Glastonwick, along with Peter and the Test Tube Babies, The Popguns, Babar Luck, and Helen McCookerybook

The popguns? Wow. I loved them in my teens. I suspect the lucrative reform market was too difficult to resist. 

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The popguns? Wow. I loved them in my teens. I suspect the lucrative reform market was too difficult to resist. 

It doesn't get much bigger than Glastonwick. Such a cynical move on their part to reform and take the big money.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Portugal, The Man in June.

Can't... ****... wait.

Still trying to work that one out. 

You're going to see Van (The Man) Morrison, in Portugal, in June? 

You're going to see a band called 'Portugal, The Man', in June? 

You're going to see a band called 'Portugal' at a venue/festival called 'The Man in June'? 

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

Seeing Gomez perform Bring it on as part of a 20th anniversary tour next month, much excite. 

Sigh. I think of Gomez as "One of these new bands I ought to check out sometime - I know they've done one album, maybe they've got a second one out". Now you tell me they've been going for twenty years. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sigh. I think of Gomez as "One of these new bands I ought to check out sometime - I know they've done one album, maybe they've got a second one out". Now you tell me they've been going for twenty years. 

Bring it On & Liquid Skin are both great records....everything else since is so so, for true fans only I think.

My first visit to Nottingham Rock City as well.

Â