chrisp65

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Coming up in the next few weeks: 

Albert Lee

Laurel Canyon Union (local band) 

Waiting For Wednesday (local band)

Joan Baez

Jonathan Wilson 

Really looking forward to the new Jonathan Wilson album Rare Birds our next month. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Really looking forward to the new Jonathan Wilson album Rare Birds our next month. 

I'm a bit worried by what I've heard so far. A bit too much motorik/ambient and not enough CSNY for my taste. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm a bit worried by what I've heard so far. A bit too much motorik/ambient and not enough CSNY for my taste. 

Have heard a couple of tracks and it has become a little more electronic (even the drumming sounded programmed on one track) 

however think it will transpose well love. Enjoy the concert anyway!

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Have heard a couple of tracks and it has become a little more electronic (even the drumming sounded programmed on one track) 

however think it will transpose well love. Enjoy the concert anyway!

The new stuff reminded me of the not-so-good aspects of The War On Drugs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's the ones. Was looking at Cardiff. I've heard rumours they were doing Villa Park, but heard no more. I should go really, as they are one of the bands I'd love to see before I die, or should I say before they die. 

yeah I'm not a huge fan but just figured "why not" ... I'm doing ElO and Roger Waters this year already , 2018 can be year of the oldies

Edited by tonyh29

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah I'm not a huge fan but just figured "why not" ... I'm doing ElO and Roger Waters this year already , 2018 can be year of the oldies

I really like the Stones. Wouldn't mind seeing Roger Walters. 

I would like to have seen the Stones in the 1969-1972 era, but I didn't. Finally caught them in 1982, way, way past their best years. 

I certainly wouldn't bother now, especially at those prices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

got mine already 

£88 for a general standing ticket ... they did ruin it somewhat by charging £11 a ticket booking fee for an email ticket that I print myself

is that 88 plus 11? as in 99? or was that 88 all in? Not that it makes a lot of difference.

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

is that 88 plus 11? as in 99? or was that 88 all in? Not that it makes a lot of difference.

£88 +11 

actually it was £88.95 + 11 to be exact

Edited by tonyh29

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I would like to have seen the Stones in the 1969-1972 era, but I didn't. Finally caught them in 1982, way, way past their best years. 

I certainly wouldn't bother now, especially at those prices. 

I kinda agree , indeed when they toured last time I was dead set against it as they were old even then  , but then I saw the Who a couple of years back and they sounded great (Daltry's voice has gone a little but he's learnt to adjust )  so figured , heck why not  ..if nothing else I'll get to hear Gimme Shelter live

Equally 2 of the best concerts I've been to in recent years have been The Cure and Depeche Mode   and whilst they aren't the same age as the Stones they were infinitely better  at 50+ than when I saw them back in their heydays

59 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The Cure and Depeche Mode   and whilst they aren't the same age as the Stones they were infinitely better  at 50+ than when I saw them back in their heydays

You probably play better whilst not on drugs. 

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Julie's brother?

When you know him as well as I do, you can call him anything. If he's reading this, he will get why I called him Roger Walters. It's a little in house joke, taps nose.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 15:34, mjmooney said:

The new stuff reminded me of the not-so-good aspects of The War On Drugs. 

Mooney, you’ll be pleased to hear the Jonathan Wilson album isn’t all ambient as the pre-release single suggested. 

Only given it one listen but there are some good tracks on it. 

Â