The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Bad news, good news today. Bad news, I missed out on getting tickets to see Thurston Moore and Michael Chapman, play an intimate gig in Newcastle. Good news, My Bloody Valentine tickets are on sale tomorrow, for Manchester!

Went to the Wulfrun Friday night to see Skin support Little Angels.

Skin blew the angels off the stage totally - Nev MacDonald is one of the best vocalists I've seen and heard.

Boris at Rainbow Warehouse in Brum last night. Holy **** shit. They played Flood III in it's entirety, and a nice IV-esque outro to end the show. Jeez. The most immense piece of live music I have ever seen in my life. It's one of my favourites anyway, but I hadnt heard anything about set lists for this tour either, so when those chords started up....I couldve wept. It was like being present at the second coming of christ of something, man.

Plus I was stood right in front of Wata ^__^ yeeaa~

Boris at Rainbow Warehouse in Brum last night. Holy **** shit. They played Flood III in it's entirety, and a nice IV-esque outro to end the show. Jeez. The most immense piece of live music I have ever seen in my life. It's one of my favourites anyway, but I hadnt heard anything about set lists for this tour either, so when those chords started up....I couldve wept. It was like being present at the second coming of christ of something, man.

Plus I was stood right in front of Wata ^__^ yeeaa~

My mates saw them in Leeds, last weekend. They both said they were amazing. Fairly jealous of all three of you!

On the plus side, I got tickets for Neil Young and Crazy Horse this morning!

I know that every one loves the Biff and I don't mind them all that much to be honest (I have one of their albums and it goes on every now and again, the one with ''I talk to god as much as I talk to satan'' on it)

are they any good live? I don't know why they just always strike me as the sort of band who can produce decent studio albums but would be quite poor live.

I know that every one loves the Biff and I don't mind them all that much to be honest (I have one of their albums and it goes on every now and again, the one with ''I talk to god as much as I talk to satan'' on it)

are they any good live? I don't know why they just always strike me as the sort of band who can produce decent studio albums but would be quite poor live.

I wouldn't say that everyone loves them. They're pretty popular in the UK these days, but along with that popularity - and the plays on shitty Radio 1 - has come negativity, too. That's only natural I guess, as is their musical progression, but they've certainly moved away from their 'roots' in recent years. I preferred the raw energy of the three of them a few years ago, but I do like their more modern stuff as well.

In live terms, I've seen them a couple of times (at Birmingham Academy after they released Puzzle, and at Rock City on the Only Revolutions tour - that's the album you're referring to) and they were really entertaining. They had a very raw sound, which is/was part of their appeal for the fans at the time, though. These days they seem somewhat cleaner live, and Simon's vocals have improved, but I chose not to go to see them in an arena on their last couple of UK tours as I felt that they wouldn't be quite the same in bigger venues. That said, I'm sure at some point I'll watch them play somewhere in front of several thousand, and I'd like to see personally how it compares.

I'm looking forward to Melkweg because it's an opportunity to see them in a (relatively) smaller venue again. Plus, it's an excuse to go to Amsterdam, so I'll be having an amazing time over there anyway.

Ah, Biffy. From jerky brilliance to stadium yawnfests in 4 albums. Only seen them once live, thankfully pre-Puzzle *shudder*, very entertaining but I wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick these days. Which **** me right off, as Vertigo Of Bliss was a stonker. :rant:

Â