The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Went to see Sarah Millican in London last night. Must admit I wasn't keen going in and it was much more a trip for the missus than me. I find I can take a couple of minutes of her (Sarah Millican, not my missus) on panel shows before she gets a bit "meh", so the prospect of a whole show was a bit daunting. The first half did prove pretty dull, predominately because there was a lot of material/jokes you'd already heard from said panel shows and the like. Second half, however, was very good and definitely made up for it.

Just back from Spiritualized at The Sage. Enjoyed it, but they played too many songs that had a melody. I wanted to hear more of their ungodly dirges!

I got back from the gig yesterday, it was nowhere near as good as when I saw them there a few years ago (mind you they played the entire ladies and gentlemen album that time and they had a full choir, that was easily the best gig I have ever seen)

yeah I said exactly the same thing to my mates afterwards about too many melodic songs and not enough racket. the sound in there didn't seem quite up to the last gig either and it was far from sold out

still a cracking weekend though

just remembered as well...what the hell was with the big screen? what has happened to the amazing light show that **** blinds you that they are famous for???

Went to see Sarah Millican in London last night. Must admit I wasn't keen going in and it was much more a trip for the missus than me. I find I can take a couple of minutes of her (Sarah Millican, not my missus) on panel shows before she gets a bit "meh", so the prospect of a whole show was a bit daunting. The first half did prove pretty dull, predominately because there was a lot of material/jokes you'd already heard from said panel shows and the like. Second half, however, was very good and definitely made up for it.

She's probably the only female comedian I'd happily watch live. Hardly one of my favourites overall, though, and I won't be rushing to buy tickets any time soon.

slopey floor!

whether you want to or not, you're going to the front.

When you hire the Academy one of the optional extras is a levelled dance floor.

It's an extra couple of grand though.

Brilliant venue. It somehow manages to combine a 'big crowd' dynamic and a sense of intimacy between act and audience.

Really glad it didn't end up in the hands of the religious nutters that wanted it a few years back.

Went to see Cheryl Cole in Belfast a couple of weeks ago. Was on stage for no more than an hour and when the lights came on everyone around me got up from their seat shaking their head. Not sure the reaction was from Cheryl's performance or the fact that they had noted my better half pulling the little fella for me throughout the concert. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Dirty Three last night, at The Sage. Gig of the year for me, and easily into my top 10 gigs ever, knocking on the door of the top 5. Absolutely superb, a really special performance. I think I've got a bit of a man crush on Warren Ellis now too. He's just so **** cool!

Last Wednesday we went to see Buckcherry, Kobra and the Lotus, and The Howling.

They were all good (Josh Todd is such a showman) and at £15 a ticket unbeatable value

Went to see Tame Impala last night at The Forum here in Melbourne. They're doing their first Australian tour starting here. It was my first ever live gig. A wicked performance at an awesome venue.

• Like 1

Â