The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Faith No More were amazing last night....... check this out...

Did they play War Pigs?? :eek:

No mate. Few tracks I personally wanted to hear but I guess with a back catalogue that great somebody is gonna miss a favourite.

Graf Orlock were **** immense last night. They played Game Time! NUKES, KNIVES, SHARP STICKS! They played Captives of the Thugee! KALLI-MAHHH, KALLI-MAHHH! SHAKTI-DEH! And they finished with the Jurassic Park breakdown! Yeaah. But man, the chicks at that show. Any single guys after a girly should **** POF and all that shit off, get down to some hardcore shows.

Just went to see Sharon Van Etten at the Glee Club in Birmingham. All I can say is... wow. What a talent. Best gig & best performance i've been to in a very very long time.

I think i'm in love haha.

Si (and anybody else into FNM) You have to watch this multicam vid (and the others on that username)... this is Brixton but fairly similar playlist...

(this is identical to the hammersmith opening)

Si (and anybody else into FNM) You have to watch this multicam vid (and the others on that username)... this is Brixton but fairly similar playlist...

Thanks D, will have a look when I'm back home later.

Thanks D, will have a look when I'm back home later.

If you leave it running it plays on to the next track too, actually the end of midlife crisis i think is different to Hammersmith, and then Be Agressive and Caffeine weren't at Hammersmith but.. watch :D

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the boss last night and the night before that. **** magical. The last night, 28th when he played Jungleland as a tribute to Clarence (with nephew Jake on the sax) was immense.

Somehow only realised today that Muse are releasing a new album in September. I regret deciding against going to see them on my birthday three (I think) years ago, so had a look at tickets... £60+ :shock:

Think I may get tickets to watch Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group in Nottingham, though. £11 is slightly more reasonable!

sorting out tickets to see spiritualized at the sage in newcastle

went a few years ago and saw them do the whole of the ''ladies and gentlemen'' album and it was easily the best gig I've ever been to

there is gunna be about 5 or 6 of us going to it, cant **** wait man

oh yeah I have got the bootleg beatles in december as well at the NIA

I'm going to that as well...as the bootleg Mark Chapman.

(Copyright HMHB) Edited by Designer1

A couple of days up around Liverpool next week, as well as karaoke in the Grapes I'm going to try and catch some Beatles tat with the missus just for the lolz. I'm presuming somebody somewhere will be doing crappy Beatle lookeelikey sing along matinees.

We're going on a gog n scouse cliche hunt.

went a few years ago and saw them do the whole of the ''ladies and gentlemen'' album and it was easily the best gig I've ever been to

Ooh might look into getting tickets for that myself. Fantastic venue for sound quality.

Should You See Your Favorite 60s Band Play in 2012?

By Juli Weiner and Bruce Handy

5:06 PM, August 6 2012

There are three ways that a concert by a band whose last top-40 hit occurred in 1969 could go. One: the band insists, like the Allman Brothers, on playing mostly new, mostly uninteresting stuff. Two: the group dutifully plays its hits, has minimal interaction with the audience, and appears as if they’re performing under torture (cf., Pavement). And three: the band plays its hits, acknowledges its former pop glory with good-natured levity, encourages the crowd to sing along, and sneaks in some short (short!) new stuff. The Zombies, who are currently touring the United States and the United Kingdom and played a wonderfully fun show last night at New York’s Highline Ballroom, fit squarely in category three. Best of all, they played their hits with genuine verve, not like they were sick of running through them for 47 billionth time.

With the exception of the beloved, sorely missed “The Way I Feel Inside,” yesterday evening the band played every song we hoped they would: “She’s Not There,” “Tell Her No,” “This Will Be Out Year,” “Care of Cell 44,” and “Time of the Season.” Another positive: they did not play “Butcher’s Tale (Western Front 1914).” Also, Blunstone sang a beautiful, nearly a cappella “Summertime.”

Members of the band did not appear to want each other dead—most even casually mentioning involvement in solo and/or side projects without earning any discernible frowns, eye rolls, or impolite hand gestures from other members. In fact, a high point was the group’s enthusiastic take on founding member Rod Argent’s solo hit “Hold Your Head Up,” which one of your reviewers remembered well from high school—and may have danced to while wearing puka shells—and your other reviewer thought she knew from Dazed and Confused but was maybe confusing that movie with Joe Dirt, which did feature “Hold Your Head Up.” Anyway, it rocked.

There was nary a puka shell—nary a piece of non-conservative attire—at last night’s show. Like dogs and their owners, the audience at a concert tends to resemble the performing band. The way you might wear Nantucket Reds to see Vampire Weekend, you might throw on some hastily applied eyeliner to watch Morrissey. At the Zombies show, everyone wore button-down shirts, Nice Jeans, perhaps a suit jacket, and a sensible yet stylish pair of shoes.

It’s fun when the band wants the crowd to have good time. It’s nice when everyone, on-stage and in the audience, is wearing their Nice Jeans for a reason.

Vanity Fair, oddly enough.

I saw 'em a few weeks ago, and they were indeed splendid.

• 2 weeks later...

dates announced for the next Alabama 3 tour

all on their website, type in Alabama 3 and it's all there

probs Port Talbot and / or London for me

looking forward to it already - persuaded a couple of female friends to come along to the last gig to try something different. Oh, they were different alright, they had pole dancers and strippers!

I had to swear I hadn't known in advance.

Ooh might look into getting tickets for that myself. Fantastic venue for sound quality.

I was going to say that, it's a great place.

I'm flying over to Belfast tomorrow to see the Stone Roses for my mates 40th, he saw them at heaton park and said they were amazing.

Â