The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

brum symphony hall is an brilliant venue, I went there in october to see steve earle, the sound was quality in there

second best gig (for sound quality) that I have been to, the first being spiritualized at the sage

Agreed over the sound quality - saw Elvis Costello there last week and he was brilliant

Talk about artists still doing well over 30 years on - they guy is a brilliant writer / musician and all round entertainer

Going to gary Numan again this week - cant wait

Saw Keane Friday night at 02 academy bham

Brilliant gig

Great gig yet again they love Birmingham 1st city to sell out UK tour Bend & Break song brill as were others Bedshapped On The Road Some Where Only We Know Everybody Changing & ending with Crystal Ball

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3B_woYPOG8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVtOdeWlnk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF8UNA8M5Cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVn2iBDUiPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=494aNhmg1ZQ

Well this evening I've been to a sort of open mic spoken word and guitar soloist evening. Not really sure how to describe it, entry was by invite only, cost was contribution by conscience on the way out. Only a small gathering of about 50 people in the Urdd in Cardiff. About 20 of the 50 people got up and did their thing.

(it wasn't as up itself as that might read)

Blown away by some blues slidey style steel guitar playing and by a really rude poem about justin bieber.

On Monday I'm heading to Manchester, watching the England game, and then going to see

at the Ritz, in quadrophonic surround sound. People gon' shit they pants.

Later in the month there's Lightyear, who have announced a mini reunion tour. THIS IS HUGE AND I AM VERY EXCITED. Probably the best British ska punk band ever. If that's your thing do not miss them, especially if you didnt have the pleasure when they were around and touring all the time around 02-06ish. Theyre doing like 5 dates or somat up and down the country.

And then in July a little part of me will be completed, when I travel to manc again, to see Graf Orlock. Oh goodness me, that is something I really really can not wait for.

On Monday I'm heading to Manchester, watching the England game, and then going to see

Jealous.

Jealous.

I believe tickets are still available if you can get there. I would really have liked to see them in London as Nurse With Wound is supporting, but couldnt get down there for that date.

Jealous.

I believe tickets are still available if you can get there. I would really have liked to see them in London as Nurse With Wound is supporting, but couldnt get down there for that date.

You need to have booked time off a year in advance, this time of year where I work mate, or I'd be all over it! Mind I should have been on the ball, and realised they were gigging I suppose.

On a happier note, I'm all over going to see Bo Ningen in October. Although I can't find anyone who wants to come and see them with me, for some reason. :(

May well have my FNM ticket by tomorrow. Anybody with any very good tips for parking by Hammersmith Apollo and not getting broken into.. inbox a little message or I'll try to keep track of this thread :)

Sunn0))) were immense, and my ear drums are still reverberating. Having now seen him perform in the flesh, I am pretty certain Attila is not human. I was front and centre, and he properly creeped me the **** out. They played none stop drone for over 90 minutes, with Attila appearing about half way through. He skulked from the darkness at the back of the stage, through the smoke, he must have covered 6 feet in about 2 minutes...wrapped his hands around the micstand and retreated with it, like a spider ensnares a fly in its web...and returned with the mic, yes, a part of him, and began wailing, and wailing, screaming and wailing. I was sure the devil himself was with us last night. Marvelous.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Lightyear in Nottingham on saturday night - what a blast. They havent lost in the years since they finished, and although there was a distinct lack of nakedness and bodily functions, we did get a pantomine horse, a literal tea break, and one of the hottest crowds I've experienced a looooooooong time. Great show.

Any punk fans on here? I don't really see many people mention it, or ska for that matter, but - Stza is touring with Chewing on Tinfoil as Choking Victim, playing only CV songs. Pretty unmissable. Star **** Hipsters are touring too, doing some fests and that, was never really into them though. And then **** Morning Glory are coming to the UK for the first time ever!! Crack Rock Steady overload! Very very excited for the CV and MG shows, although I don't know exactly which ones I'll be able to get to yet as they're out of the way a bit...

May well have my FNM ticket by tomorrow. Anybody with any very good tips for parking by Hammersmith Apollo and not getting broken into.. inbox a little message or I'll try to keep track of this thread :)

Park over H'smith bridge in the side streets of Castelnau. Five minute walk and totally safe. I've parked there dozens of times and never had a problem.

Park over H'smith bridge in the side streets of Castelnau. Five minute walk and totally safe. I've parked there dozens of times and never had a problem.

Thanks!

Â