The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

There's an article about them in Rolling Stone, which I read on my iPad this morning. A link would be useless unless you've got the apple news app and (probably) a subscription, but I'm sure there's a way...

Yeah, I’ve read that now, that reads as pretty typical for them, doesn’t actually push the new album just talks about old times! 

There’s this one guy on VT has been to a Nick Reynold’s house party, didn’t invite me but did bloody tell me about it! How twisted is that! 

• Haha 1

So Green day are playing at the electric ballroom in Camden on Friday  .. about 1500 capacity

Ticketmaster did it as a raffle , Mrs H wanted to go with the daughter so we entered 

It will surprise no one to find that we weren't successful in the raffle , however the non transferable tickets can now be purchased for £800 on various websites 

I doubt a single "fan" got anywhere near those tickets 

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So Green day are playing at the electric ballroom in Camden on Friday  .. about 1500 capacity

Ticketmaster did it as a raffle , Mrs H wanted to go with the daughter so we entered 

It will surprise no one to find that we weren't successful in the raffle , however the non transferable tickets can now be purchased for £800 on various websites 

I doubt a single "fan" got anywhere near those tickets 

Need to start doing what they do for Glastonbury tickets for any in demand gigs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Need to start doing what they do for Glastonbury tickets for any in demand gigs.

talking of Glastonbury , rumour seems to be headliners are Madonna, Dua Lipa and Coldplay

I'd be praying I was unsuccessful with the ballot if true

though of course there are other stages and other acts to go see to avoid them 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

talking of Glastonbury , rumour seems to be headliners are Madonna, Dua Lipa and Coldplay

I'd be praying I was unsuccessful with the ballot if true

though of course there are other stages and other acts to go see to avoid them 

My guess would be Madonna, Springsteen and Foo Fighters. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Springsteen

he does seem to have a gap between Spain and Belgium in his tour so you could be right ..plus haven't the organisers said an American mega star is now available who we didn't' think would be , would also point to him (more so than it appears to apply to Madonna) 

Foo fighters are at VP on the 27th and a festival in France on either the 29th or 30th  , so bit more limited .. plus after appearing on stage with just about everyone last year I'm sure Grohl has outstayed his welcome :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

he does seem to have a gap between Spain and Belgium in his tour so you could be right

Foo fighters are at VP on the 27th and a festival in France on either the 29th or 30th  , so bit more limited .. plus after appearing on stage with just about everyone last year I'm sure Grohl has outstayed his welcome :) 

Nah I reckon they'd be as welcome as a water pipe in Godalming right now

• Haha 1

I've spent a grand on this shit, I'm gutted :D

g4j9udvipzyb1.jpg

Maybe 15-20 bands in the smallprint I want to see, but **** me that's an absolutely dreadful set of headliners, a bloody far cry from Metallica, BMTH and Slipknot last year. Can see myself not going near the mainstage all weekend.

We locked in early because the festival is always fun, and it's so convenient, but it'll be Hellfest next time around, I reckon. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

This is an incredibly long shot, but for anyone Southampton-based-or-adjacent, I've got two tickets going spare to tomorrow night's Garth Marenghi book tour at MAST Mayflower studios (only a ~10 min walk from the central train station),  free to a good home and you get the added bonus of meeting me and my wife.  What a treat. 😬

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

g4j9udvipzyb1.jpg

Maybe 15-20 bands in the smallprint I want to see, but **** me that's an absolutely dreadful set of headliners, a bloody far cry from Metallica, BMTH and Slipknot last year. Can see myself not going near the mainstage all weekend.

We locked in early because the festival is always fun, and it's so convenient, but it'll be Hellfest next time around, I reckon. 

Lower down does look a bit better but those are terrible headliners! TBF, Offspring and Machine Head would both be fun as well as Pantera (don't really consider it to be Pantera though) and Sum 41 for the nostalgia, but I think the highest level band that I would like to see but haven't is probably Heilun; so yeah.... 

Never been to Hellfest  but it an incredible reputation and sells out quickly (think it already has for next year). However, looking at the announced line up its not dissimilar to Download, save for the inclusion of Foo Fighters. However, their undercards tend to be amazing and based more around specific genres for each stage. Graspop in Belgium is brilliant, although it has been about 10 years since I've been. It tends to get a lot of the same bands as Hellfest. You can get a dirt cheap flight to Eindhoven and there's a direct coach from Eindhoven airport and/or train station to the festival site as well; so we got the bus to the train station, hired a locker to put bags in and then go all day drinking in Eindhoven :cheers:

• Like 1

As far as I know, the bands announced for Hellfest so far are for one day, and as you say, it pretty much matches Download, so it'll be interesting to see who else they pull in.

Sleeps are the biggest band on that list I'm interested in seeing. Maybe Machine Head. I do like Pantera's music, but yeah, not enough to go and watch a cover band fronted by a white supremacist, **** that guy in particular

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As far as I know, the bands announced for Hellfest so far are for one day, and as you say, it pretty much matches Download, so it'll be interesting to see who else they pull in.

Sleeps are the biggest band on that list I'm interested in seeing. Maybe Machine Head. I do like Pantera's music, but yeah, not enough to go and watch a cover band fronted by a white supremacist, **** that guy in particular

Well thats the thing, Pantera was in its very nature the Abbott brothers band. It would be like continuing with Motorhead without Lemmy; just a cash grab on the name. 

Ticketmaster up to their usual tricks again 

Mrs H got pre sale Tickets for green Day  @ £98  the other day 

few more of her friends want to go as well now .. standing tickets  ... take  a guess  

if you said £213 , take a bow 

Gigs and tours etc still advertising them at £98  , but none actually available to buy ..pretty disgusting  behaviour from TM 

image.png.cc10b100f69ac169983ee74a0f508e35.png

• Shocked 1

On 08/11/2023 at 20:09, Davkaus said:

g4j9udvipzyb1.jpg

It feels like Download really struggle with headliners. They either bring out the safe options every few years (Maiden, Slipknot, Metallica, Kiss etc etc) or they'll just get it horribly wrong.

Some good bands still playing (Karnivool especially), will wait and see who else gets announced though. Very underwhelming so far.

I saw PJ Harvey not many days ago. She still is so fantastic. What an artist. Have been loving her since i discovered her when her second album was released. Amazed by how she never disappoints. Never. Not one single time.

On 03/11/2023 at 10:16, tonyh29 said:

couple of my mates hadn't seen them before so wanted to get Echo and the Bunnymen at the roundhouse tickets this morning  ..on sale at 10:00 

I was in the website literally as it changed to coming soon to on sale now , no waiting room or any other shenanigans  , straight in and completely sold out 

tried a few other ticket sites and also sold out  ..it is what it is but  , come on  , sold out in 2 seconds , really ! 

Edit - went directly to the Roundhouse website and got 4  .. reckon it must be an admin thing as Tickemaster and co still saying none available 

Going back to this, just found out that cocaine addled Mac can no longer hit the high notes and there’s a female backstage that sings them for him.

We’re trying to blag the guest list and Will says”I don’t want anyone to see us” … make of that what you want

• Shocked 1

Â