The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Speaking of Han Solo, apparently Harrison Ford has said he'd be willing to reprise his Han Solo role in the next Star Wars, along with Mark Hammill. No word on Carrie Fisher. Of the three, I'd think Hammill could actually use the money. Fisher was born into money, and Ford is obviously loaded, but Hammill hasn't really done much outside of the first 3 Star Wars films.

Speaking of Han Solo, apparently Harrison Ford has said he'd be willing to reprise his Han Solo role in the next Star Wars, along with Mark Hammill. No word on Carrie Fisher. Of the three, I'd think Hammill could actually use the money. Fisher was born into money, and Ford is obviously loaded, but Hammill hasn't really done much outside of the first 3 Star Wars films.

Hammill seems to have cornered the market in voices for cartoons looking at IMDB but I doubt voicing a ghost in Scooby Doo is a mega bucks deal...

Guiness negotiated a box office % if I recall , think he was the only one though ?

Hammill has pretty much had a career in voice acting, to be honest, and done alright out of it. He's more or less the favoured voice artist for the Joker now (although he no longer wants to do that). I can't see any of the old actors turning out for the new Star Wars stuff though - it'd be a cheap gimmick, they're all past it (and Fisher is mental and coked up to hell and hates Star Wars... as does Hammill IIRC, and Ford these days looks like he'd rather be back in the wood shop, making his own coffin).

On the Star Wars thing, I was listening to a podcast yesterday which mentioned that the apparent plan for Episodes 7 through 12 was revealed somewhere, and as I expected, the plan was basically a list of episodes with no outline, and 'Conclusion' written next to 12... Simply reaffirms my belief that there never was any actual plan and he simply cobbled it all together. In fairness, it's obvious.

silver linings playbook

its ok, cast is really good, script is good cant really put my finger on why i didnt like it more, i think its probably because it takes a while to get going and the reveal at the end is obvious, lots of NFL stuff in it which i wasnt expecting

wish id seen end of watch instead

Me and my old man went to see Skyfall yesterday, great movie, I'm liking the way they're getting more and more away from the over the top ridiculousness and camp of previous Bond flicks. Then we came home and watched Moneyball, which was actually a good movie. I had my doubts cuz I don't think Brad Pitt is a very good actor, and I wasn't sure how the book could translate into a dramatic movie. But it worked.

I had my doubts cuz I don't think Brad Pitt is a very good actor

!

brad pitt is one of my favourite actors, utter gash in stuff like Troy and mr & mrs smith but he's been brilliant in so many good films

snatch, benjamin button, fight club, jesse james, burn after reading, babel, seven, 12 monkeys, sleepers, IB,

he also seems to have a good production company, plan B, whos films include the departed and kick ass

Sightseers hits the flicks tomorrow, but stupid **** Vue Basingstoke aren't screening it. Have to wait until Monday and head to Reading to catch it. Could be the worse though, had to go all the way into London to watch Submarine when that came out.

The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey had it's premier the other night, it's heavily embargoed but a few fawning comments have come out.

A list of places in the UK showing in it's full, 3d, 48fps version has also popped up and er... well, if you want to see it in 48fps, there about 10 places in the entire country you can. And IIRC, 2 of them are in Derby. Closest to Brum is in Dudley.

I'm tempted to make the trek into the Black Country just to see what the fuss was about.

Â