The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Funny Games today. Interesting story but that is all. Felt a bit bored as it went on then when he did the rewind I was a bit 'eh?'

Anyway, can someone help me out? I'm thinking of getting LoveFilm instant, Netflix or that one run by Sky (forgot name)? Has anybody used all and preferred one? I just want instant streams for a fixed monthly price. I had Netflix when it first came out and although the price was decent the library was limited.

My dad had the LoveFilkm instant one pretty recently (couple of months ago) and said it was awful.

Full of B movies and stuff you've never heard of.

I have no direct experience myself, but form what I've heard from people, Netflix is much the better option

I'm not a big Bond fan and I enjoyed Skyfall a lot more than I thought I would. Bardem was great and the Home Alone ending worked for me. Wanted to see The Master which I couldn't find on in town despite it being released. :huh:

Ive been a Netflix subscriber since it launched here in the UK. Agreed it wasnt great at the start, but the library has got better in recent months. I think its TV section and documentries are best with only about 25% of the regular movies worth a viewing.

The kids section is also not bad. Plenty cartoons for the nipper to watch.

The Master is out on the 16th of November.

That would explain it. I was annoyed when I couldn't see it on with all the crap cluttering the cinemas.

IMDB and RT confusing me saying 2nd Nov.

Total Recall 2012

1/10

1 Point for the woman with the 3 tits

The story was lame... Not enough character development... Seemed to be one chase scene after another... The tech wasn't bad but the mode of transport to get between colonies was rediculous

You could kind of tell it was from the same bloke that directed Underworld considering there were about 3 - 4 actors from Underworld in it... Bill Nighy for example and his annoying monotone voice stick a sock in it

What i wouldn't give for a Beckinsale/Biel Sandwich though

Totally agree re: total recall.

It was truly awful, I stopped watching after an hour and left it running, came back an hour layer to see he was still being chased.

The world they created was beautiful but in terms of character development and script they were just non existent, I didn't give two **** about anyone.

2/10 and that's a point for both of the females.

Yeah, someone else mentioned that film to me, as well as The Lincoln Lawyer. MIght check them out.

Yes, i'd echo the recommendation for The Lincoln Lawyer. It's a bit flat on the directorial side (has the feel of a TV Movie) but McConnaughey is great in it.

As for Killer Joe, it's still at my number one spot for this year and I can't see anything knocking it off.

Â