The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

hot on the heels of seeing Goodfellas for the first time 0 watched The Godfather for the first time properly tonight ( read the book earlier this week ). Tremendously enjoyable, although the book is much better.

watched Godfather again recently and still a classic, going to watch 2nd again on weekend.

Following on from the remake thread if this is ever remade i would go mad

Odeon. FACT has the nice seats but I get points at the Odeon. You?

FACT cos I'm an arty **** (and theres a great place to eat opposite!)

Tapas Tapas? yuuuuumm love that place. Aswell as FACT.

No, the Italian Club.

Not a big fan of Tapas Tapas. The Tapas Tapas in Waterloo is much better imo. But Lunya and Salt House tapas bars are much better

No, the Italian Club.

Not a big fan of Tapas Tapas. The Tapas Tapas in Waterloo is much better imo. But Lunya and Salt House tapas bars are much better

Bold Street Coffee is nearby too. Good stuff.

No, the Italian Club.

Bold Street Coffee is nearby too. Good stuff.

Man I miss Liverpool. Barely a single decent eaterie in my town :(

I was hoping to see Troll Hunter at FACT when I was over for the Everton game, but had to be on the 6pm train back, so didn't get the chance. Will probably be making the trip at some point to see Melancholia though

Just seen Exam. Quite good that one. Not very hard to predict, but still not easy.

does it involve loads of long haired lazy people in Che Guevara T-shirts getting record number of passes whilst everyone over the age of 30 moans that exams were much harder when they were younger ?

Just seen Exam. Quite good that one. Not very hard to predict, but still not easy.

does it involve loads of long haired lazy people in Che Guevara T-shirts getting record number of passes whilst everyone over the age of 30 moans that exams were much harder when they were younger ?

:lol: No, not really. :-P 8 people who've been chosen through tests to be at the final Exam to get a job. They shall only answer one question but there's no question to be found. Hm, it's better than I can describe it. :-D

:lol: No, not really. :-P 8 people who've been chosen through tests to be at the final Exam to get a job. They shall only answer one question but there's no question to be found. Hm, it's better than I can describe it. :-D

Bet that film asks some questions.

Bet that film asks some questions.

4 men and 4 women in a room they wasn't supposed to leave guarded by one man I almost expected the question "Up the wrong 'un?" ;)

Looks more than pretty good. I've been waiting patiently for that and Gosling is a little legend. Only one more week to go until it is out. :D

On another note I'm just back from seeing 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy'. Extremely good film and I won't be surprised if there are a few Oscar nominations to come for it. The cast and the film itself are solid and it is deserving of the praise it has received thus far.

Biggaman I thought you'd like it and I sort of agree its a good movie and the actors do it justice but Gary Oldman in no Alec Guiness, Roger Pack-LLoyd is no George Sewell, the bloke playing RIcky Tar isn't even Hywel Bennett (I could go on). Yes its good, yes its much better than most of the films about at the minute but it's still not as good as the original TV series imo.

Â