The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1984_movie_poster.jpg

Lots of nudity in there, but you (and I mean anybody who is reading this thread) should really read the book before seeing the film. It's one of the greatest books ever written.

Another recommendation for Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes - really decent and didn't rely on explosions and action to make it a decent film.

Great cast, good plot and brilliant sfx!

I havent seen anything of this other than the trailer, but I want to know how the **** the apes have a chance against us humans? We outnumber them massively and we have guns. And tanks. And fighter jets. And napalm. How does the war last more than five minutes?

Watched that 'Page Eight' on BBC2 earlier and thought it was rather good. Decent acting throughout and I thought it was shot very well for the most part. Certainly one of the better things I have seen on TV recently.

The ending was the only thing that I thought let it down a bit, along with the drop in sound for the last ten minutes.

Indeed, 'Sarah's Key' was a good film. The only thing that I didn't like was that the transition from past to future (and the other way) was clunky at times.

Other than that I thought it was well made with some top acting.

I watched Monsters (nuneaton reprzent) last night and it wasnt nearly as good as I was told it is. Basically it's a soppy love story bleeeeeeghhh and not a very good one at that. Still, not bad for a directorial debut

ok then a question for the pirates here (I know there are some out there)

A girl at work has just bought one of those new fandangled 3D TV's and wants to know if you can download 3D DVD's or not

I told her I have only seen BLURAY copis and never any 3D ones

any one got a definitive answer please (also if you can download them would it take a different type of disc to a normal DVD/BLURAY one

I'm pretty certain it doesnt make any difference if the film is 3D, you'd still be able to copy it like you would any other DVD or Blu-Ray to a blank disc. I say pretty certain as it's something I've never done, but I do know that certain DVD & Blu-Ray ripper/burner programmes allow you to transfer standard 2D films into 3D when you burn them onto a new disc. As for downloading, I guess there may be 3D rips around? Never looked.

I'm pretty certain it doesnt make any difference if the film is 3D, you'd still be able to copy it like you would any other DVD or Blu-Ray to a blank disc. I say pretty certain as it's something I've never done, but I do know that certain DVD & Blu-Ray ripper/burner programmes allow you to transfer standard 2D films into 3D when you burn them onto a new disc. As for downloading, I guess there may be 3D rips around? Never looked.

yes, there are torrents available in 3D for downloading.

i guess they would work fine playing them on a 3D tv, otherwise why would there be so many seeders/leeches uploading/downloading it.

obviously, this is from a friend of a friend as i would never download illegally :winkold:

A girl at work has just bought one of those new fandangled 3D TV's and wants to know if you can download 3D DVD's or not

any one got a definitive answer please (also if you can download them would it take a different type of disc to a normal DVD/BLURAY one

I'm pretty sure that if you want to download a 3D film to be played on a 3DTV, you need to download the actual Blu-ray release of it, and then burn it onto a Blu-ray disc. You wouldnt be able to do it onto a DVD as they just aren't big enough.

I've just had a look on a website and it seems the average size of a blu-ray 3d download is about 13GB. You'd then also need a Blu-ray burner, and blu-ray blank discs etc....

I'm not too sure on what the policy is on here for actually discussing pirated material, so if this needs to be deleted, apologies mods.

Watched the guard and the inbetweeners, both very funny for different reasons, the guard probably edged it for me some bits had me having to cover my mouth due to laughing so loud, unsurprisingly the inbetweeners also has some brilliant bits but suffers from most of the things I didn't like from the show, Simon being inept with women, will being a bit of a clearing in the woods although jays bullshit is minimal

Would you say it was more like the first and second season then?

The third season quite literally pissed me off, far too many sex crap, clunge this clunge that.

i've been having a film catch-up, and have watched the following films in the last 3-4 weeks.

My marks out of 10:

Monsters - 6.5

West is West - 5.5

How to Train your Dragon - 8

Unknown - 7

The Expendables - 5

Source Code - 9

Australia - 7

Sucker Punch - 6.5

Rango - 5.5

Scream 4 - 6

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs - 6.5

Battle Los Angeles - 7.5

Two choices, either download the 3D blu-ray iso, which will play like a normal blu-ray disc.

Or, download the 3D SBS rips, these have each frame "side by side" which the tv will then either auto detect, or can be forced into 3d mode by pressing the 3D button on the remote and selecting side by side, most of them are a horizontal split.

The blu-ray isos will be full 1080p, the SBS ones are half the resolution.

You can get both HD and SD SBS rips.

The 13GB average size PieFacE mentions will be SBS x264 rips, a full 3D blu-ray iso will be anything from 30-50GB. There's no need to burn the ISO's though, most players can play them direct from the image.

Â