The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

82exxi52r7r689ayzyd.png

Been recommended a couple of times on the thread already and rightly so! Superb movie. :thumb:

OK...as VT's "Barry Norman" give us a bit of info on these "superb" movies.

C'mon, sell them to me...(and I have watched a lot of your recommendations in the past)

In his absence, I'll step into the breach and give you a quick rundown.

Main characters:

1 - Angry dwarf, trainspotter

2 - Simple bloke (think a cross between Benny off of Crossroads and Joey from Friends) who runs a hot-dog van in the middle of nowhere .

3 - Divorced, middle-aged woman, having a bit of a nervous breakdown, still can't get over her son dying years ago.

The Plot:

People talking and that.

That's it. ;)

In all seriousness though - it's a fantastically observed character study-type film. Beautifully shot and excellent performances all-round.

tt3d-poster-debut-20110317053643148.jpg

Saw this last week. Absolutely brilliant and incredibly well put together, especially as it could have been another one of those run of the mill 'sports' documentaries. For someone who has hardly any interest in bikes whatsoever, and hates the many bikers that come over for the TT races, I was captivated. Great stuff.

Thor is a great start to marvels summer, well paced and scripted, didn't know any of the characters not sure if that helps but it didn't hinder (hopefully CA will be the same) not sure what the point of hawk eyes cameo was and I thought nick fury might have showed his face

I don't know where they take it next, Loki was ok, Thor seems too powerful for the avengers so I don't know who the antagonist will be in that film

Thor is a great start to marvels summer, well paced and scripted, didn't know any of the characters not sure if that helps but it didn't hinder (hopefully CA will be the same) not sure what the point of hawk eyes cameo was and I thought nick fury might have showed his face

I don't know where they take it next, Loki was ok, Thor seems too powerful for the avengers so I don't know who the antagonist will be in that film

I assume the Hawkeye cameo was because the character will form part of The Avengers and he doesn't necersarily warrant a film of his own to 'introduce' him!

Personally I thought it was a nice touch - as was the Nick Fury scene (right at the very very very end of the credits!!!!)

Yeah as far as I know it was but they didn't mention his name and he didn't actually do anything so therefore they'll still have to introduce him in the avengers, could possibly be a sideshow but renner being cast suggests otherwise

Yeah as far as I know it was but they didn't mention his name and he didn't actually do anything so therefore they'll still have to introduce him in the avengers, could possibly be a sideshow but renner being cast suggests otherwise

I'm pretty sure they called him Hawkeye when telling him to stand down... could be wrong though!

Also enjoyed Thor - much better than I expected!!! Nicely humoured without being too cheesy and th CGI not too clunky or disorientating during the battle scenes!

Oh I agree about the overuse of CGI, generally a real film ruiner

Definitely. Watching Shawshank Redemption (again) last night proved that all that is needed is a solid story and a good director.

Watching it in HD for the first time last night aswell was amazing. Love that film.

Definitely. Watching Shawshank Redemption (again) last night proved that all that is needed is a solid story and a good director.

Watching it in HD for the first time last night aswell was amazing. Love that film.

Agreed, what a film, nothing will ever touch it imo.

One of the few films where you really can't fault any of it.

tt3d-poster-debut-20110317053643148.jpg

Saw this last week. Absolutely brilliant and incredibly well put together, especially as it could have been another one of those run of the mill 'sports' documentaries. For someone who has hardly any interest in bikes whatsoever, and hates the many bikers that come over for the TT races, I was captivated. Great stuff.

Want to see that, its got guy martin from the boat that guy built in it hasnt it?

Actually, i think thats him on the poster.

Agreed, what a film, nothing will ever touch it imo.

One of the few films where you really can't fault any of it.

Ill never tire of watching it. The characters, especially red, are brilliant. Its also got to be the best ending to a film ever

Â