The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I like comic book films because I used to read them growing up. There are some fun films out there based on comics. I just don't understand how people can judge films without seeing them to be honest. Not just comic book films either, but all kinds of films...

I've seen almost all of the comicbook movies but I just don't like them. 3/5 would be the highest I'd give to any of them bar Dark Knight. Just not my kind of movie.

Killer Instinct

(2 part French crime biopic)

Really like this and purchased it right away when it came out. Both parts are good and Mesrine is a prime example of an anti-hero. Vincent Cassel plays the role so well and I was drawn in from beginning to end.

I've seen Mesrine - is Killer Instinct another title for the film or is it an eerily similar type of film?

Saw Source Code the other day - enjoyed it - would have liked a little more explanation of the "science" as I felt there was enough bullshit science to work with, but otherwise good fun.

Plan on watching La Vita e Bella tonight, my favourite film and was put in the mood for it having just watched Band of Brothers again over the past week.

I mean Demolition Man being the best movie of all time is a joke right?

Ash's... interesting tastes aside, Demolition Man is superb.

"You're on TV!" *Bang* [hits Snipes with a TV]

Marvellous.

I like comic book films because I used to read them growing up. There are some fun films out there based on comics. I just don't understand how people can judge films without seeing them to be honest. Not just comic book films either, but all kinds of films...

I've seen all the ones I listed apart from SIlver surfer, but I saw the first fantastic 4 and it was a flaming bucket of gash so I just assumed that one would follow suit.

As I said, there are exceptions, perhaps Thor is one. I'm tempted to see it now.

But from what I've seen of the comic book genre, my natural assumption when I see a new one coming out is that it's going to be shit. It takes some convincing for me to change my mind.

Watched Requiem For A Dream for the first time the other day... all I can say is, wow.

It's like Trainspotting (obviously) but without the "aren't ya jus' proud ta be Scorttesh?!" moments. If you ever want your kids to fear the dangers of drugs, make them watch it. Or watch it yourself of course if you haven't... just don't listen to Joy Division for a few days afterwards.

The ending is absolutely horrible to watch, nevertheless quite brilliant though.

Finally got round to a couple of old movies I'd never seen - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, and The Usual Suspects.

Very disappointed with the Peckinpah, it was dull. Enjoyed Suspects (guessed the ending, though).

I must admit, Demolition Man had some great moments.

BZZP you have been one half credits for a violation of the verbal morality statute.

Whaaaaa? **** youuuuu

BZZP

:lol:

Watched Requiem For A Dream for the first time the other day... all I can say is, wow.

It's like Trainspotting (obviously) but without the "aren't ya jus' proud ta be Scorttesh?!" moments. If you ever want your kids to fear the dangers of drugs, make them watch it. Or watch it yourself of course if you haven't... just don't listen to Joy Division for a few days afterwards.

The ending is absolutely horrible to watch, nevertheless quite brilliant though.

Exceptional movie, I thought Black Swan was going to be darker from what I'd heard and that's why it was a let down for me. Not a patch on Requiem.

Finally got round to a couple of old movies I'd never seen - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, and The Usual Suspects.

Very disappointed with the Peckinpah, it was dull. Enjoyed Suspects (guessed the ending, though).

Guessed the ending. :lol: Everybody knows the ending even if they haven't seen it.

Source Code; worth a trip to the cinema?

I would say so. It won't blow you away and isn't half as complicated as it pretends to be. However, it is a pretty good film. Worth paying to see anywyay.

isn't half as complicated as it pretends to be.

agree, its the same trick he pulled with moon, even when you get the reveal i still found myslef questioning it because it seemd too obvious, kept my mind ticking over which i liked

ive got cedar rapids or thor tonight depending on what time the gf gets back from a street party

Source Code; worth a trip to the cinema?

No, it's rubbish

Horrible?? It's hilarious!

ASS TO ASS, ASS TO ASS, ASS TO ASS

Â