The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Im into H P Lovecraft in a big way think he's a superb writer this film isnt for the faint hearted alot of gore ive even heard peoples reactions from watching this were being in hysterics laughing to being sick at the cinema its a dark comedy and you have to suspend belief but its a good watch

dagon.jpg

Another retro horror movie for me i think it deserves to be in the top 250 of all time disgrace it isnt.

Seconded. Oooh Dagon. I'll be having some of that tyvm.

Saw Ricky Gervais say that he's jealous of people that haven;t seen the Godfather, as they will still get to experience it for the first time.

Meh, maybe I should watch it

mary-and-max-poster1.jpg

Brilliant film.

Visually everything is so detailed and important to a scene.

The story is very emotional, yet humorous at the same time.

I think more people need to see the film to understand people like Max in particular and Mary.

9/10

Saw Ricky Gervais say that he's jealous of people that haven;t seen the Godfather, as they will still get to experience it for the first time.

Meh, maybe I should watch it

There’s one more secret I feel I have to share with you. I did not care for The Godfather.

Bought The sword and the sorcerer from Amozon a few days ago, used the love that film, i will get back to you if its any good, i dont think it will be.

Real Genius is a great little known 80s flick i love.

watched source code last night, i liked it, agree that the love at 1st sight bit is weak but the rest of it is good

has the same quality as moon in that you're convinced there will be a huge twist and when its revealed to be minor you're then convinced nah thats not it there must be something else, i spent the whole film thinking of how it would end, which seeing as the last two films i went to the cinema to see was battle LA and sucker punch it was a welcome change

There’s one more secret I feel I have to share with you. I did not care for The Godfather.

It insists upon itself.

'How can you say that? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!'

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (Steve Martin). I know I said on the other thread that I'm not big on comedy, but this is such an affectionate spoof of film noir it's genius.

Been making my way through a re-watch of the Terminator films (woohoo!) and just got through 3. Now, the film is shockingly bad of course. 'Barb Wire' bad if you will, but I love that ending. For me, it nearly redeems the shower of shite that preceeds it.

It insists upon itself.

'How can you say that? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!'

Cause it takes forever getting in, and you spend, you spend like six and a half hours, and then, you - I can’t even get through, I haven’t even seen the ending.

Been making my way through a re-watch of the Terminator films (woohoo!) and just got through 3. Now, the film is shockingly bad of course. 'Barb Wire' bad if you will, but I love that ending. For me, it nearly redeems the shower of shite that preceeds it.

Totally agree and Nick Stahl is an awful John Connor.

Â