The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I own "Secret in Their Eyes" on DVD. I've seen it and I know I loved it and thought it was superb.

But I actually can't remember anything about the plot :D

Must re-watch it at some point.

im the same, i can remember the football match scene and thats about it, theyve replaced it with a baseball match in the remake

Same here. I know I love that movie but literally can't think of a single thing about it. I even looked up the synopsis and it rang absolutely no bells whatsoever. It's coming off the shelf and getting another viewing tonight. 

Gonna watch The Secret in Their Eyes tonight :)

Re-watched it just.

It's superb isn't it?

I hadn't fully appreciated the stadium scene first time round so it was great to see that again.

My only slight problem with the film

I feel like they telegraph the final twist a bit. By the time they get to the reveal, you've already guessed what it is. I remember that from the first time around.

I think maybe they should have saved the flashbacks until after the reveal, or made them slightly more subtle.

It's a minor point, but I think that would have given the ending a real "oh my god!" feeling to it.

• Like 1

Watched this again last night. One of my favourite films of all time. Superb from start to finish 

brt17.jpg

• Like 1

Went to see Jurassic World on Saturday.

What a **** mess that film is.

Don't get me wrong, I was entertained and it wasn't a wasted couple of hours. There's some decent action and some of the special effects are great (although I maintain that sometimes the dinosaurs look less real now than they did in the original.)

But really it's not a dinosaur movie is it? It's more like a godzilla movie. The main antagonist is the "new" dinosaur, which isn't a dinosaur. It's more like a superhero version of a dinosaur. So it sort of misses the point of being a dinosaur movie.

The acting in the movie is pretty much universally awful. Chris Pratt does the best he can with what he's got, but even so it's a pretty awful performance. The main woman is ok I suppose, but her character is ridiculous. The two people in the control room (the guard off of OITNB and Nick miller off of New Girls) are.just.terrible.

The plot. Meh. It's alright I suppose for an action movie, but there are still bits I don't understand. They were included for no reason.

Why do they put that little bit in about the two kids' parents getting divorced. It didn't add anything to the storyline. You don't need extra sympathy. They're kids and they might be eaten by dinosaurs. That's enough to make you care for them. Plus the divorce thing is never mentioned again, so it's not like you get any closure on it. Maybe if their parents had decided to stay together at the end because the incident brought them closer together then at least it would mean something.

Why did they have to give Chris Pratt's character and the annoying main woman a backstory. That scene where she goes to get him for the first time was dreadful. "Maybe that's why we never had a second date?"

No! Why? There's no need for them to have a backstory. I don't mind having a love story as a story arc in there, but it would have been fine with them just getting together anyway. Why did they have to have had this annoying imaginary first date that went so terribly? Urgh

Finally, "COMEDY"

Why do all these films these days shoehorn in so much so called comedy. I said the same with films like Avengers and guardians of the Galaxy. A couple of funny bits here and there would be fine, the original jurassic Park had that ("that is one big pile of shit!")

But with this, every other line was an attempt at comedy and 90% of it fell totally flat. And that's not just me being cynical, the whole cinema didn't react apart from the couple of genuinely funny moments.

I don't see the need for it. It's so forced and I just spend the whole movie cringing.

I sound overly negative. Despite this, I did actually enjoy myself. It was entertaining enough and had some great moments

I loved it when she lit the flare and you realised she was getting the T Rex. that was a great callback to the original.

Similarly, I enjoyed it when they stumbled upon the original Vistors' centre, even though it made no sense that they would just leave it there untouched and build a new park around it without ever getting rid of it or cleaning it up.

I honestly think the best bit of the film was when they were comforting the Brontosaurus and it died in front of them. That was pretty much the only part of the film where I felt emotional

So yeah. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it, but lower your expectations.

Exodus- Gods and Kings - great stuff.

I don't particularly like religion but I DO like Christian Bale, haven't seen him do anything shite yet.

Went to see Jurassic World on Saturday.

What a **** mess that film is.

My biggest disappointment is that at no point did Judy Greer's character proclaim at anyone that they were "not her dinosaur supervisor". 

Â