The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

A solid 7/10

The_Equalizer_poster.jpg

Got this downloaded on my sky go app, ready for a night away next week. Looking forward to watching it.

Has Denzel ever been in anything bad?

Yes...The Equalizer  :D

Haha beat me to it, it's awful.

Down load Man on Fire and enjoy your night instead

I think beautifully organised chaos is about the best way I can describe Mad Max. Wonderful. The very minor let down was a noticeably awful piece of CGI.

Which part do you mean, if you don't mind my asking? Might be an idea to put it in a spoiler actually.

Edited by Ginko

I think beautifully organised chaos is about the best way I can describe Mad Max. Wonderful. The very minor let down was a noticeably awful piece of CGI.

Which part do you mean, if you don't mind my asking? Might be an idea to put it in a spoiler actually.

It was only a few seconds, but it stuck out a lot.

If I remember correctly, it's the few seconds before the end of scene break when Nicholas Hoult's character turns his vehicle over and causes that pile up of sorts. I think a vehicle spins over the top of it and it looks like something out of a Scy-Fy movie. It's just before that guitar springs towards the screen. Like I said, very minor, but it was really noticeable and a something that could've just been easily removed from the film rather than forced in.

There was about 30 people in the showing of Mad Max and I was sitting at the back. Literally everyone in the cinema hit the roof for the Insidious 3 trailer, including myself, hilarious.

Edited by kurtsimonw

It was only a few seconds, but it stuck out a lot.

If I remember correctly, it's the few seconds before the end of scene break when Nicholas Hoult's character turns his vehicle over and causes that pile up of sorts. I think a vehicle spins over the top of it and it looks like something out of a Scy-Fy movie. It's just before that guitar springs towards the screen. Like I said, very minor, but it was really noticeable and a something that could've just been easily removed from the film rather than forced in.

There was about 30 people in the showing of Mad Max and I was sitting at the back. Literally everyone in the cinema hit the roof for the Insidious 3 trailer, including myself, hilarious.

One of these?

ecf_100_before-660x279.jpg

ecf_100_after-660x280.jpg

dgt_495_before-660x279.jpg

dgt_495_after-660x282.jpg

MMFR_REEL_6_FINAL-2-25074-442x370.jpg

Mad Max's CG is mostly adding in components, almost all were actually shot, e.g vehicles above or mountains. Some of the plates for dust etc where shot with an iPhone.

I think I know the shot kurtsimonw means. It's really obviously CGI, the very very end of the prolonged chase that makes up the movie, probably 3 minutes before the credits roll at most.

It's definitely, 100% cgi, one of the few shots that is in the movie, and it's noticeably poor CGI. Sticks out like a sore thumb, looks awful.

Yeah, the last picture that was posted, it happens basically a few seconds after that. Like I said, I loved the movie and this is me being really picky, but it was real obvious and seemed silly they'd force it in as it was irrelevant to the movie.

maybe a bit controversial but back from Mad Max and think it was absolutely appalling, No plot, no dialogue its even debateable whether Hardy was the main character in it. Just a 2 hour chase movie and not a good one at that

Ive seen better organised Michael Bay action movies

maybe a bit controversial but back from Mad Max and think it was absolutely appalling, No plot, no dialogue its even debateable whether Hardy was the main character in it. Just a 2 hour chase movie and not a good one at that

Michael Bay...

7710_poster_iphone.jpg

Excellent thriller with a really wicked sense of humour and punctuated with some bloody violence.

As the poster says, Skarsgard is superb and it's worth giving this, King of Devils Island and A Somewhat Gentle Man (amongst others) a watch as he is a really top notch actor.

joker_notsureifserious.jpg

You can understand the action scenes in Fury Road, you cannot in a Michael Bay film.

Also whats Max being the main character or not have anything to do with anything?

• Like 1

im dead serious it was absolute awful, I nearly walked out after 45 minutes(which I regret not doing now).  was the most nonsensical piece of crap i have seen and ive seen a few Seth Rogen movies

It sort of helps because like going to a James Bond film and he isnt the main character in it for example

watched mad max with the missus last night, total crap. you are right it's just a 2 hour car chase with zero plot.

That is also how I felt about Mad Max, my friend came out of there and said it was amazing, so I had high expectations. 

We were told it was really good, would rather have watched San Andreas or the new Poltergeist film being as I was at the cinema. The only plus about Mad Max was we were able to walk straight in so I didn't have to pay for that crap

Â