The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The spectre trailer is really strange, very slow, almost like they are going full on thriller (not that that's a bad thing) it's not a grabby trailer trying to put bums on seats, normally trailers mislead you by showing as much of the action as possible, that's like the opposite

Worked my way through the first half of Boyhood yesterday.

Will finish it off this week. But it was a bit of an effort so far.

Did exactly this last night - got upto where he's around 16yrs old.

I'm finding it quite enjoyable though!

I'm enjoying it.

But it's so long and whilst stuff has happened, it's felt very dragged out.

I'll definitely finish it off but I just get the feeling already that they could have knocked an hour off it.

Saw Rock and Rolla last night.  I didn't like Tom Wilkinson, really enjoyed Mark Strong and Thandie Newton and to be fair most of the rest of the cast.  A bit of a buggers muddle, but I enjoyed it enough.

Watched Step Brothers again last night.

My god its funny.

It's the ******* Catalina wine mixer.

I do like Step Brothers.

"Robert better not get in my face, cause' I'll drop that motherf*cker!"

Edited by Xela

Dirty Harry  (1971)

Watched this last night for the first time in a while and really enjoyed it.I had forgotten just how good Clint Eastwood was in his prime.I cant recall a film i have watched with Eastwood in it, which was pants,A 8/10

• Like 2

hmm, 

last night in need of brainless nonsense watch Expendables 2 - haven't seen the first thought I highly doubt it matters and it did the trick. Amazing stuff - so shamelessly awful in dialogue ( anything with Arnie in for **** sake :lol: ) and naffness with plot, etc, but entertaining nonetheless, helps that I'm pretty sure they're all rather self aware of what they're doing as well. 

this morning, enjoyed Anonymous  the anti shakespeare one and it was pretty decent fun, a political romp in elizabethan times, with Rhys Ifans being fantastic as de Vere. The Jacobi monologues that bookend it were a bit weird mind, and the actual notion itself is poppycock - it did lead me to wiki up the debate, but it doesn't seem like the anti shakespeare as author lot have much of a case beyond - "they're [ the plays ] too detailed, and his family are illiterate". Masses of conjecture that most academics debunk anyway. 

Edited by Rodders

Stolen - Nicolas Cage being Nicolas Cage in a film about rescuing his daughter from a kidnapper with one leg and hardly any fingers. As expected, it didn't pull up any trees but it was watchable.

• Like 1

I really dislike that dude. He cares way way too much about films. It's like he expects every film to be some beautiful masterpiece. Sounds like the kind of guy who loves the smell of his own farts...

south-park-fart-smelling-o.gif

Sounds to me like someone who really dislikes guy Ritchie, he's rightly called him out on making a very easy film but I thought rock n rolla was ok and wouldn't have minded the original planned trilogy being finished

Has he reviewed snatch? Think he glossed over it a bit at the start, IMO snatch is a superb film, better than lock stock

He sounds to me like someone who goes to the cinema every other month or even less and expects the film that he watches to be superb and is far too disappointed when it isn't, personally I go a lot and I just take the rough with the smooth, I've seen more than a few utter garbage films, will probably watch get hard and Cinderella this weekend... If you watched 5/6 films a weekend rock n rolla would be one somewhere near the bottom that you'd forget and move on fairly quickly, his disliking of revolver is justified, that's so bad it sticks with you

Â