The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Big Hero 6. Loved it, not their best but it's a good watch. Plot was way too obvious and its message too heavy handed but still very enjoyable and the ending nearly got me in the feels. 8/10.

Ba-der-laduh-laduh-la.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

I love that film. I think it's really fantastically done.  Have you seen The Guard? It's the same writer and stars Gleeson too - its balance weighs  humour more heavily than drama than in Calvary, so if you want a less heavy film which still has cracking dialogue it's well worth seeing. 

• Like 2

I love that film. I think it's really fantastically done.  Have you seen The Guard? It's the same writer and stars Gleeson too - its balance weighs  humour more heavily than drama than in Calvary, so if you want a less heavy film which still has cracking dialogue it's well worth seeing. 

Yep, seen The Guard, and In Bruges (I thought In Bruges was by the same guy too, but just googled it and it seems it was his brother. Very similar anyway).

All brilliant.

• Like 2

The Other Guys - I liked it! I'm not a massive fan of Ferrell normally but he was fine in this. Good cast as well. 

• Like 2

Filth - ok, bit of a mess at a times

Fruitville station - brilliant film, no doubt got a little bias in it but while they make him out to be a great dad and a bloke trying his hardest they don't portray him as a saint, would be interesting to see more from the cops side of it

The Equalizer - i'd score it a little more than meh!

It's alright but too many shots of Denzel with rain dripping down his face and looking moody to a fuzzed guitar soundtrack for my liking.

Some of the sequences are good though but Chloe Grace Moretz (the female protagonist and main reason for the equalising) turns up at the beginning and is soon forgotten about until the director remembers to shoehorn her back into the final season

(apologies if that's a spoiler!?!?!)

(how do I do one of those nifty spoiler boxes??)

Edited by theboyangel

Clown - Good idea but not very well executed

The Loft - Good idea but not very well executed

Agree on clown, good idea but frankly didn't give a shite about any of the characters, couple of good set pieces including the children's play area unfortunately don't save what is a very average film 5/10

Calvary for me this weekend.

Lovely stuff, but a lot darker than I expected.

But very funny too:

The chat between the two priests about felching was definitely straight out of Father Ted

Also

"What about self defence?"

"... That's a tricky one alright"

Looking spectacular.

And a great end shot stinger.

yeah the money shot at the end is great, spoilers!

the vision

the yellow stone on the visions head...

Scarlet witch

disappointed with the mind control power being used again, thought it would be when hulk had red eyes in the 2nd trailer, but some of the flashbacks might be good (the BW ballet scene (which has apparently been on agent carter

big fight scene near the end of the trailer

you can see scarlet witch fighting along side them

Â