The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The 40-Year Old Virgin   (2005)

I watched this last night.I found it amusing and certainly worth a look. Would rate it 7/10 

One of my favourite comedies ever.

It's a bit silly and childish, but I love it.

Looking forward to seeing Ex Machina later today - it looks excellent and is reviewing really well.

Very much looking forward to that myself tomorrow. After Dredd, Garland can do no wrong in my eyes.

Looking forward to seeing Ex Machina later today - it looks excellent and is reviewing really well.

It looks very similar to the Black Mirror episode 'Be Right Back' and even has the same actor.  Are they linked?

It looks very similar to the Black Mirror episode 'Be Right Back' and even has the same actor.  Are they linked?

No.

Ex Machina is very good though.

This should be seen by all as soon as possible.

the-guest-poster-uk2.jpg

It looks very similar to the Black Mirror episode 'Be Right Back' and even has the same actor. Are they linked?

No.

the-guest-poster-uk2.jpg

The Guest?

It was a bit corny but I liked it. My missus and her daughter thought it was cack.

What was with the 80s soundtrack?

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

It looks very similar to the Black Mirror episode 'Be Right Back' and even has the same actor. Are they linked?

No.

the-guest-poster-uk2.jpg

The Guest?

It was a bit corny but I liked it. My missus and her daughter thought it was cack.

I turned it off after about 40 mins, it is really cack

• Like 1

Never seen Raging Bull. Or any of the Rocky series.

In fact I've only ever seen one boxing movie, an old b&w Humphrey Bogart one called The Harder They Fall. Only watched it because I was 'collecting' all the Bogart films.

The Guest?

Because its meant to be a kind of throw back, has about half a dozen genres in one and no its not being serious and if turned off after 40mins then you’ve seriously not got it.

I wouldn’t take it seriously the film itself certainly doesn't.

I wouldn’t take it seriously the film itself certainly doesn't.

Definitely this.

I loved The Guest, thought it was deliberately bonkers and the dafter it got towards the end, the more I enjoyed it. 

Really looking forward to Ex Machina too. I bloody love Alex Garland, he's somewhat of an inspiration to me. Novelist, screenwriter, even wrote the script for a videogame. The Beach is one of my absolute favourite books and I like everything he's written that I've read/watched. Really interested to see him turn his hand to directing too.

He was on Radio 6 today. I didn't get to hear what he was talking about because plenty of bellends at work were making too much noise  <_<

Edited by Ginko

Just got back from Ex Machina.

Thought it was superb. lncredibly emotive, thought provoking and beautifully acted all round. It's a difficult one to talk about in too much depth without spoilers but safe to say I would definitely recommend it. It's up there with Moon for me as far as contemporary sci-fi goes.

Â