The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

will someone let me know what the book ending was either by spoiler or pm/dm :D

The main character basically discovers that the monsters he's been fighting off in this post-apocalyptic world actually view him as a monster that terrifies them. He literally is a legend in the eyes of these creatures, a nightmare monster that threatens them and needs to be destroyed

The main character basically discovers that the monsters he's been fighting off in this post-apocalyptic world actually view him as a monster that terrifies them. He literally is a legend in the eyes of these creatures, a nightmare monster that threatens them and needs to be destroyed

i think they actually use the term boogie man in the book, he's the last human, they are the new species, he goes round all day killing them in their sleep, hence why he's a legend, its a brilliant spin, would and should have made for a brilliant film but not with will smith, not sure the majority of the audience would have got it, the whole tone of the film needed to be darker

they were meant to be making a prequel, the rumour now is they've bought something else which was similar and they preferred the something else (the something else meant to be same setting but almost like the searchers storyline)

That would have been a good ending

That would have been a good ending

It wouldn't have worked with the way they set up the rest of the film. In the book the monsters can talk, in fact if I remember correctly they come to his house at night and try to tempt him to come out and he knows some of them from back when they were human. It's completely different so changing the ending to that of the book wouldn't have worked.

Some good stuff up on Netflix now. Just watched 'Locke' and thought it was very well done, but there is a limit to how compelling concrete can be.

'Blue Ruin' is there and it's definitely worth a watch.

Cheers, think I might watch one or both of these tonight, time permitting. 

Under the skin, just watched the first half hour and will finish it tomorrow.

Just wanted to say scarlet.... God damn!

I want to watch that, and Lucy, just purely for Scarlett! 

Â