The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

darth maul prequel would be my preferred choice

fett will almost certainly be one

han solo would depend on ford, would he have the appeal, would a young han solo film work? with lando thrown in too

id hope they didnt do yoda

take your pick from the clone wars jedi, plo kloom, shaak ti, kit fisto, ki adi mundi, mace windu... doubt theyd want to go back there though, the cartoons have covered them

personally i still the trailers from the old republic game turned in to a live action film, that 1st one with the ship crashing in the temple was amazing

So, the next decade or so is going to be a battle between the Marvel, DC and Star Wars franchises?

Kill me now.

Meh, don't bother getting hung up on it. It's not like there isn't an alternative is it?

There are hundreds of great movies released each year that fall outside of the blockbuster bracket. Just watch them instead.

• Like 1

So, the next decade or so is going to be a battle between the Marvel, DC and Star Wars franchises?

Kill me now.

There's going to be a load of new avatar films too, and a load of 90s films that really don't need sequels like Independence Day and Jurassic park are going to get one anyway, and Michael bay will be given at least $1bn to blow shit up, hopefully in slow motion and 3D...

:popcorneatinggif:

Kill me now.

There's going to be a load of new avatar films too, and a load of 90s films that really don't need sequels like Independence Day and Jurassic park are going to get one anyway, and Michael bay will be given at least $1bn to blow shit up, hopefully in slow motion and 3D...

:popcorneatinggif:

Don't forget they're remaking Point Break too :bang:

Layover (2012)  Certainly not the best film i have ever watched ,decent storyline and watchable, but i.t wont stay in the memory long that is for sure 5/10

• Like 1

Kill me now.

Meh, don't bother getting hung up on it. It's not like there isn't an alternative is it?

There are hundreds of great movies released each year that fall outside of the blockbuster bracket. Just watch them instead.

There really isn't that many.

Kill me now.

There really is. You just need to take the time to look.

Edited by Designer1

The Ghost of Yotsuya (1959)

poster.jpg

I think this is the right poster for the version I watched, it's been adapted tons of times.

It's about a woman who haunts her husband after she dies a miserable death and it is disturbing.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Kill me now.

There really is. You just need to take the time to look.

Fair enough if you believe that but I guess standards will vary among posters.

I think "hundreds" might be a slight exaggeration but with my cinema card I can usually find at least 2 films a week to watch, and then at least 1 a week on sky movies (who don't get a lot of good independent films financed by BBC and film4 etc)

Right now for example you've got frank, bad neighbours, the wind rises, two face of January

And then you've got Godzilla and xmen if you do want a blockbuster

Â