The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Ben affleck should not be let anywhere near batman!

Like has been sad elsewhere, this was my initial reaction.

But it was also a LOT of people's reactions when Ledger was cast as the Joker, and look how that turned out.

I'll judge it when I see it.

But it was also a LOT of people's reactions when Ledger was cast as the Joker, and look how that turned out.

Thing is, you don't need that much acting talent to play batman. You have to a) have a  big chin B) growl a lot and c) wear a mask that covers 75% of your face.  

Affleck is capable of being a decent actor he will be fine. The film will be shit not through any failing of Affleck, but because Superman v. anyone who isn't superman or who doesn't have kryptonite is a horrible **** concept for a film because you have to either a) get superpowers or B) get kryptonite.  

So, assuming they won't really be "verses" each other but will have some angsty conflicting agendas I would imagine the plot will run thus.

Batman does batman shit.

Superman does superman shit

Agenda's conflict. Superman gives batman a reluctant hiding. Batman goes away and is given Kryptonite by Morgan Freeman.

Batman is able to "tame Superman"

They both agree to get along and then go beat the snot out of the bloke who causes the agenda's to conflict in a massive "AMURICA **** YEAH" finale.

Thing is, you don't need that much acting talent to play batman. You have to a) have a  big chin B) growl a lot and c) wear a mask that covers 75% of your face.  

j

Disagree, Batman needs an intensity about him, he also needs a obvious dark and wounded side. There is a big driver for the way he is, basically a criminal just holding on to the right side of good.

The difference with a role like Batman is he has to portray these without the assist of much scripting, its all in the gestures and expression.  

If he doesnt have these he may as well be Del Trotter running about in the outfit, or worse still George Clooney.

Edited by Nigel

I'm not really bothered about this film.  Batman and Superman together is non canon as far as I'm concerned.

I don't like the thought that Superman exists in Batman's world.  

Plus, Superman is ghey.

• Like 1

Daredevil << Batman

If you like Daredevil, you should watch this series if you haven't already -

I hope that's linked to the playlist. In my opinion, a very interesting set of interviews.

EDIT - No, it hasn't haha! But all the videos that follow on from that one, pop up in the suggestions and along the side if you choose to watch it on Youtube...if you choose to watch it at all :)

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Â