The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

About to watch 'Stoker'. No idea what to expect.

Greatness.

You'll be stoked.

Was that a good pun??? (Or is that even a contradiction in terms?)

standing-ovation-gif.gif

...Thanks people....

• Like 1

I go on my own often. You're sitting silently in the dark, for goodness sake.

Actually the idiot staff forgot to turn down all the lights which meant I was quite visible, but I was more pissed off that it made the picture less sharp.

And it isn't the first time I've been on my own but I always feel a little awkward. It's nice that you feel so comfortable doing it and it doesn't surprise me in the least where you're concerned, but not everyone feels the same way you do.

Anyway, The Hobbit DoS was brilliant. I enjoyed it immensely and found it better than the first, not that I didn't enjoy that one either.

Smaug the Stupendous. He really was.

I did that a few months back too. Actually watched both Patriot Games and Air Force One, as well as Clear and Present Danger, also with Harrison Ford. Good times. Had them on VCR and must have re-watched them until the tape broke back when I was a kid.

Just watched Enough Said with James Gandolfini and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Sweet film.

I may well live to regret saying this but having seen a trailer at a trip to see Anchorman2 (disappointing), I really want to see the Lego Movie now.

I'm lucky as I get to see all the cartoon movies by "reluctantly" going with the kids when they want to see them :)

Though the Moshi Monsters movie was a new low

I go on my own often. You're sitting silently in the dark, for goodness sake.

i do too, got in to the habit when i was at uni, morning lecture, evening lecture, afternoon in the cinema

if i really want to see something and the gf doesnt then i'll happily go watch it myself

just not on a friday / saturday night...

MV5BNzM3NzU2NzUzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY2

Storyline

Nearly a year after a botched job, a hitman takes a new assignment with the promise of a big payoff for three killings. What starts off as an easy task soon unravels, sending the killer into the heart of darkness.

Just about to watch this, my mate raves about it to the point that it has kind of put me off it a bit but I don't have nothing else to do so I'm gunna stick it on

Well I watched it last night and yeah its a good film, nice and violent and a decent twist at the end though if you have seen **A Serbian Film** its actually pretty telegraphed I knew exactly what was going to happen but yeah it was enjoyable.

MV5BMjA5Njc0NDUxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYz

Storyline After being robbed of a week's take, small-time pot dealer David is forced by his boss to go to Mexico to pick up a load of marijuana. In order to improve his odds of making it past the border, David asks the broke stripper Rose and two local teenagers to join him and pretend they're on a family holiday.

Just watched this as well, pretty terrible film overall but easy watching. No real laugh out loud moments, no real shocks, just 90 minutes of watching people on screen.

oh and Emma Roberts legs are pretty cranky, that is something that I did notice, good looking bird but terrible legs...I suppose that is all that I got out of the film really

Edited by leemond2008

I may well live to regret saying this but having seen a trailer at a trip to see Anchorman2 (disappointing), I really want to see the Lego Movie now.

I'm lucky as I get to see all the cartoon movies by "reluctantly" going with the kids when they want to see them :)

Though the Moshi Monsters movie was a new low

My nephew has been suitably bribed to pester his mum to get me to take him to any such movie.

Looking forward to 12 Years a Slave.

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

I'm sure you'll love it. Seems like your kinda film. It's awesome!

Watched "The East" yesterday. Actually felt like the script was insulting me. Horrible film.

• Like 1

Â