ianrobo1

Pick  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Beat Chelsea and go out of the cups
    • Lose to Chelsea and go through in the cups

No brainer for me.

Beat chelsea.

a) Momentum is very important, and I don't want us to lose any of it.

B) Beating chelsea means we win another game, and chelsea lose another game. Effectively 6 points.

c) Unless we go on and win the FA Cup winning our next game is pointless.

d) As above, but for UEFA cup.

Hell, I'd take a draw against chelsea and lose both them.

No brainer for me.

Beat chelsea.

Momentum is very important, and I don't want us to lose any of it.

So if we lose at Everton and crash out of the cup we won't lose any momentum then?...

No, we won't. Not in the league.

Remember... there's an OPTION here in this poll.

Of course I'd rather win all 3... but there isn't a little radio button with "win all 3" next to it.

No brainer for me.

Beat chelsea.

So if we lose at Everton and crash out of the cup we won't lose any momentum then?...

we never after Zilna or Hamburg or QPR did we ?

I'm surprised there's not an option for 'Beat against Chelsea AND win both cup games', as I guarantee you that's what Martin is thinking :winkold:

As it goes I went for the Chelsea option as if we were to go 5 points clear of them and not have any further cup games to complicate matters, I'd put us as favourites for 3rd!!

No brainer for me.

Beat chelsea.

Depends what team MON puts out against them. If its a full strength side that he puts out, and gets beat, then yes, we probably would. But if hes resting a few of the players then I doubt they would take it badly, and just put it down to Everton caring a lot more than we do.

What a frankly bizarre poll. There are merits for both, the nature that all clubs now have to chase the holy grail that is the CL being the main factor for most to vote A methinks.

Well I don't think we'll beat Chelsea so it's not worthy of clicking for me. Plus I simply cannot vote for us to lose .... ever.

So long as in a week we are still in every competition I'll be happy.

If you had a fit bird, would you try it on with 2 ugly birds knowing that you could get caught, and lose your fit bird... and maybe not even get anywhere with the ugly ones?

but we don't have a fit bird, we have just been chatting to her and we aren't sure if she wants us yet.

and they aren't ugly bird, one is pretty decent.

shit poll then really ain't it.

not really, it's a poll of two possibel outcomes.

As I said before, if I put a poll in off topic saying "What would you prefer, a ferrari or Porsche?" would you post saying, it's a shit poll, where's the option for a lambo?

Not really, it's like asking if you'd rather have sex with your mother or your sister. The answer is none!

I don't like people relying on Arsenal losing their games against the big 4 at the end of the season! They've already played the big 4 once and beat them all!

They drew with pool and lost to us ;)

Or you could ask an Everton is he remembers the magical day of when they won the FA Cup in 1995, or the magical day the finished 4th and got knocked out the qualifiers by Villareal a few years back.

AG care to tell is which day she prefered?

If winning on Sunday guarantees us a run to the cup final, then I'll take it.

Of course, beating Chelsea the week after doesn't guarantee anything , but I'm damn sure it would not only give us one hell of a boost plus it puts us 4 points clear in 3rd, which must now be our ultimate goal.

The league is your bread and butter. Everything else is just jam on top. When I dream of where we are in 5 years time, it's fighting it out with United for the title, winning on the last day, Villa park packed and rocking. As much as it would be a great occasion, the main benefit of Europe for me is to aid us in reaching that goal.

May I just say, in a hypothetical poll like this having an option that states "win all three" is pointless, for obvious reasons. At least this has generated debate in between all the whining.

Of course, beating Chelsea the week after doesn't guarantee anything , but I'm damn sure it would not only give us one hell of a boost plus it puts us 4 points clear in 3rd, which must now be our ultimate goal.

I thought we would go five points clear if we beat them? Us to 54 whilst they stay on 49?

I thought we would go five points clear if we beat them? Us to 54 whilst they stay on 49?

Even more of an incentive.

A big factor for me is that if we lose to Everton or CSKA, we're out; it's over.

If we lose to Chelsea, we've got 12 more games and 36 points to play for; nothing would be lost, it'd be a dent but wouldn't stop us achieving any of the things we want to.

League before everything else. Couldn't care whether we win the Fa or Uefa this season, they are bonuses. Top four finish would be infinitely better for us in the long run - better players, more money, stronger squad, more chance of winning honours on a more regular basis.

I wouldn't want to win a trophy this season, and miss out on the chance to progress which would give us a greater chance of winning silverware more often in the coming years.

Â