Your choice of 2 possible outcomes in the upcoming games

ianrobo1

Pick  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Beat Chelsea and go out of the cups
    • Lose to Chelsea and go through in the cups

I can just see on a Chelsea board now 'Would you rather beat Villa and lose to Juventus in the Champions League or lose to Villa and go through in the Champions League?'

:crylaugh: yeah right

You think they'd rather beat Juventus? no chance.

If they lose to us then they are in the crapper with regards to getting into the Champions League next season. This is the most important game of their season so far, its why they sacked Scolari beforehand, they cannot, at all, afford to lose to us, would be a massive,massive disaster

So people would rather win one game that MIGHT see us finish fourth than win two cup ties that would DEFINITELY put us through to the next rounds?

I'd rather finish 5th and win either cup

I wouldn't because we already have 4th in my opinion, we have already done enough.

Its Feb!!?? Not May!

Im with BCV 100%

Arsenal will only get 6 maybe 7 points from their last 5 games.

Says who? BBC predictor?

We MAY lose to chelsea, get knocked out of UEFA Cup, knocked out of the FA Cup and then we have - Man U away, Liverpool away, Man City away, Everton home, Spurs home

We COULD by the end of March have blown everything and season be over. Not saying we will, but it is a possibilty.

At the end of the season, if we have win the FA Cup and you go to Wembley and Villa finish 5th- I will PM you and ask you this " do you wish we got knocked out by Everton, or do wish we beat Chelsea? "

The answer will be easy

So people would rather win one game that MIGHT see us finish fourth than win two cup ties that would DEFINITELY put us through to the next rounds?

I wouldn't because we already have 4th in my opinion, we have already done enough.

actually the prize is far greater than 4th I believe if we beat Chelsea 3rd is the prize and that is so valuable

My god, I'm agreeing with Ianrobo, pass the medication.

Seriously, Ian makes a great point. We can finish 3rd and therefore miss out on a qualifier for CL.That is what makes it worth it. Look at our opponents, Chelsea, they thought it important enough to change manager after 7 months

The answer will be easy

Well yeah, answering questions with hindsight always is

This poll doesnt offer that advantage, it offers you a stark choice now, take the cups,with the possibility of being drawn away to man United in the last 8 of one, and Milan in the last 8 of the other, or the league - the first time in a generation that we have a shot of getting into the European cup.

yes we could blow it all, but we are much more likely I think ot blow it all if we press hard on all three fronts

if you asked an ipswich fan in may 1981 if he'd rather won the League than won the UEFA Cup and reached the Cup SF, what do you think he'd answer, given hindsight, as their cup runs gave us the title.

Who knows what the future holds ? That is the big question. If we were to be defeated by chelski (and in no way am i thinking that is going to happen) we would still have another 36 points to play for and therfore the three against them whilst very important as they would overtake us, still could be made up.

I WANT IT ALLLLLLL , I WANT IT ALLLLL , I WANT IT ALLLLL, AND I WANT IT NOW

Look at our opponents, Chelsea, they thought it important enough to change manager after 7 months
Yeh, bit of a cheat that, changing their manager to try and avoid losing to us. Shouldn't there be a transfer window for managers as well as players?

On the two options presented here, I don't want either of these, thanks.

Its Feb!!?? Not May!

Im with BCV 100%

Says who? BBC predictor?

We MAY lose to chelsea, get knocked out of UEFA Cup, knocked out of the FA Cup and then we have - Man U away, Liverpool away, Man City away, Everton home, Spurs home

We COULD by the end of March have blown everything and season be over. Not saying we will, but it is a possibilty.

At the end of the season, if we have win the FA Cup and you go to Wembley and Villa finish 5th- I will PM you and ask you this " do you wish we got knocked out by Everton, or do wish we beat Chelsea? "

The answer will be easy

Spot on that.

And PB you honestly believe they'd rather beat us and go out of the Champions League? What a load of rubbish! If they lose to us they could still easily finish 3rd or 4th and they will still be in with a chance of winning the trophy they want to win the most, the Champions League

Or you could ask an Everton is he remembers the magical day of when they won the FA Cup in 1995, or the magical day the finished 4th and got knocked out the qualifiers by Villareal a few years back.

AG care to tell is which day she prefered?

Well, thats not quite the same thing is it? if you offered an everton fan NOW, TODAY the opportunity to either

a) beat us on Sunday

or

B) lose to us but swap League positions

The answer would be more in line with what we are asking here

I cant see many Everton fans taking option A

but i went for B. I would like us to progress as far as possible in the Uefa cup simply as our international profile will increase, increasing our 'brand appeal' making us a more enticing prospect for future signings etc.

I'm sorry, but nothing increases your profile or ability to sign players like getting into the CL.

I disagree, if Zenit didnt win the Uefa cup last year would anyone have noticed them in the champions league? I guarantee not

Or you could ask an Everton is he remembers the magical day of when they won the FA Cup in 1995, or the magical day the finished 4th and got knocked out the qualifiers by Villareal a few years back.

AG care to tell is which day she prefered?

Or you could ask any supporter in the league about the magical day when they got through an opponent in a cup only to get beaten next round?

Its Feb!!?? Not May!

Im with BCV 100%

Says who? BBC predictor?

The answer will be easy

yeah I will take the F.A cup thanks. All of this is hypothetical situations, your hypothetical guess work holds as much water as mine.

Blimey, i'm suprised by the number that have gone for A. I did too, mind.

Shows the draw of the Champions League is not just attractive to top players...

Regarding Uefa Cup

I am not bothered about it anyway, never was, nice to be in, but you always know it is the Euro equivelant of the League Cup so , fankly who cares if we go out.

FA Cup - different, This is THE cup, The one thing I would love to win more than anything else at the moment as its the only one I haven't seen. Any other time, it would be FA Cup over Chelsea anytime.

BUT

Lets face it, this Chelsea game, isn't about finishing 4th, it's not even about finishing 3rd !. It's about keeping us in with a title challenge. One that is unlikely, but possible. Who knows when the opportunity to win the league will come again.

Man U have to play all of us, so it is feasable they could drop points. If we keep winning then we are in with a good chance.

SO, for this year only.

Beat Chelsea !

Good point Paul and one I don't think has been mentioned. People are going on about 'winning things'. Surely if we beat Chel$ki then the LEAGUE TITLE remains a distinct possibility (and gets it one step closer to being a three horse race) and that's the one thing even bigger than winning the Champions League (cuz let's face it, we've been there done that eh Chel$ki? Arsenal? 'insert London team here' :nod: ).

Really really tough choice. If we won the FA cup it wold be another trophy to add to the history books, whilst who looks backs in 10 years and says "Wow they finished in the top 4 one year". This could be our best chance at winning the FA cup in a long time. As i feel we are the second best team in their, and we could still beat United.

We haven't won the FA cup in decades, far, far too long for a club as big as Villa. Another F.A cup and it would pretty much shut up the Spuds and Newkie fans about being a bigger club.

Saying all that, I voted option A, do people forget the FA cup comes round every year? We could win it next year, and not risk falling out of the top 4 because of it. A couple of squad signings this summer ( They would all be easier to attract finishing in the CL spots than 5th) and we would have the team to be competitive in more than just 1 competition. Although we are being competitive in 3 right now i can see us tiring in the final stages because of the amount of games.

Ask the clubs accountants which they'd prefer, I guarantee the answer would be A

Money is everything in football these days, in terms of being able to compete at the top which I presume we all want

yes we have Randy helping us but just imagine what we'd have with Randy helping us and much more money coming in as well

I'm not even a fan of the current Euro Telly Box League thing but I can see how important it is to clubs and that is all clubs including ours

With more money and a bigger squad we'll be able to win the FA Cup in the coming years ayway but we need to get ourselves a seat at the top table first and finishing third (or even second) would help us in that quest so much more than finishing 4th.

Â