Your choice of 2 possible outcomes in the upcoming games

ianrobo1

Pick  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Beat Chelsea and go out of the cups
    • Lose to Chelsea and go through in the cups

Went for A, but feels just wrong wishing our team outa the cups? :( After all we've waited year to be back in europe.

who is wihing anything just a choice and at the moment 77% support option A which has stayed steady since I started the poll

I have to say I'm surprised so many people have chosen the first option.

I chose the second. Football, for me, is all about winning trophies. Finishing 4th won't appear on our honours list for the rest of time.

Football, for me, is all about winning trophies. Finishing 4th won't appear on our honours list for the rest of time.

But I'd rather compete for those cups on a regular basis starting from next season. Not have a one season victory that will soon be forgotten.

If we can get Champions League football we can attract a higher caliber of player to the club and compete in all competitions. Our squad this year is simply not strong enough to compete in 2 cups and the league... I agree that the FA Cup would be a brilliant thing to win and would be historic to our club - but we can compete for that every year after this... I don't think, without adding to our squad with real quality players, we can compete for the Champions League again..

Get Champions League, get in a bigger and better squad, and challenge for the FA Cup in years to come.

Trouble is there's no guarantees about what will happen next season, whatever happens this season. If we win a trophy this season, it will be there to see for evermore!

I don't think winning the FA Cup or UEFA Cup would 'soon be forgotten' either.

Hi, New poster here :)

I'll start off on a bad foot and vote for option B!

I think that loosing to Chelsea would not put us out of contention for the Champions Leage, although it would be a bit of a blow. Since the top 4 teams estabilshed themselves as such they've allways taken points off each other, and bouncing back and staying into the title race (or the race for Europe) is what makes them so unshiftable up there (if thats a word!). Yes, beating Chelsea would be a massive boost but bearing in mind they'll be going hell for leather under their new manager its somewhat unlikely. On the other side, we could be in the quater-final of the FA cup, one win away from the carrot that is Wembley and still be going strong in Europe.

Also i'm going on Wednesday and want to see a win :- D

If anything, todays result has made it more important than ever that we field a strong team on Wednesday.

If we're left with all our eggs in one basket, I think the pressure will build very quickly.

I think having the excitement of a busy season will help us relax in the Premiership, and to do that we'll need to beat CSKA.

after today, don`t it just show us why we need to concentrate on league and not cups ? davies injury looked quite bad when it first happened but played along with it.

Gabby took a knock too early doors. Everton may have won today, but they are gonna lose ground in league if they wanna take a cup final place i have no doubts. they lose 2 KEY players through Getting to 5 cards for thier game v Newcastle now, that could of easy happened today to us.

I would be more gutted sat here if we had won and had to play without Luke and Ashley Young for the chelsea game

Well...looks like lots of 'Villa' fans on here are happy tonight.. :oops:
yes because those people wanted to go out. It's an either or choice. What would be the point of having a poll "what would you like to do in the next 3 games?" and have an option "win them all" because that is what everyone wants.

I really wanted to beat Everton and go through but we didn't perform on the day. We gave the ball away far more than in the past 10-11 games. We created chances and we could have won the game, but we didn't execute them well at all.

Lets hope we can raise it for Moscow on wednesday.

Â