Your choice of 2 possible outcomes in the upcoming games

ianrobo1

Pick  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Beat Chelsea and go out of the cups
    • Lose to Chelsea and go through in the cups

So lets have all hypothetical options, not just the two that “Robo” thinks are the only pertinent ones. I can't and won't vote for either of those shit options, there are many more viable outcomes that would be far more acceptable.

The question isn't "Which of all the viable options would you choose?" otherwise everyone would pick win all the games.

The question is which of these two would you prefer?

If someone asked you "What would you prefer, a ferrari or a porsche?" would you say "I don't want either of them, we haven't considered all viable options, blah blah blah"

No you wouldn't (unless you were a penis) so lighten up! If you don't like the question don't answer it.

I haven't "Stevo" (before you get shitty), and I won't because neither of these options are viable to me, the world according to you and robo, doesn't equate to everyone, and I am as entitled to my opinion on the thread as you are, so crawl back under your duvet, and get out the right side of the bed. OK.

Of those 2 options I would choose beating Chelsea and going out of the cups as the League is the number 1 priority.

However, I don't think we will beat chelsea and go out of the cups. I think we'll go through in one of the cups, probably UEFA, and draw with Chelsea.

So you're speach was just a load of shite then, quelle surprise.

No, I made a choice, then expressed what I thought would happen.

You went off on one about how the options were shit and how you refuse to answer because they are rubbish options.

It's called tact, and you don't seem to have any.

Care about what, I haven't broken any rules at all Jon... I as entitled to an opinion on a thread as anyone...

And for someone that is supposed to be and has publically admitted that he is ignoring me, perhaps go back to it.

You were right to Ian because it forces the decision people don't want to make. Other options that dance around the issue would've made the poll a nonsense. FWIW I went with option 'A' which is a sad state of affairs really when you think about it.

I guess it is. Somehow finishing 3rd/4th in the league is seen as a higher status than winning the FA or UEFA.

But that it what the CL has become: It is the Holy Grail.

It effectively means you've made it to the big time .... which winning a cup doesn't

Nick, you need to chill out man,I gave two situations and asked for people's view the % has stayed steady at 80% for choice A which is not what I expect but more like a 50/50 split

it shows to me how important the Chelsea game is for everyone

Option A, the league is the most important.

I like to win the cups, but not if the league form suffers. CL is the holy grail of football - not UEFA or FA Cup. Sad but true.

How many players would be more attracted to us in the summer if we won a CUP compared to being in the CL? - that is the question to ask.

Who's arsey? Crikey... forgive an opinion on a crap poll...

It's a hypothetical question. Just a bit of fun.

A for me, every single time. I would LOVE to bring silver wear to Villa Park, obviously. But victory over Chelsea would bring such a massive boost to the club, I couldn't see anyone stopping us in the race for the champions league from there on out. And I think ultimately, finishing in the top 4 this season would bring much more success long term than a one off cup victory.

Perhaps that shows a lack of faith in the squad to finish in the top 4 AND win a cup this season? Maybe it has suddenly dawned on me that we don't quite have a squad good enough to compete on all fronts. I think the manager will have no choice but to use more and more reserves as we progress, so we would simply be delaying the inevitable.

In my opinion.

Â