Your choice of 2 possible outcomes in the upcoming games

ianrobo1

Pick  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Beat Chelsea and go out of the cups
    • Lose to Chelsea and go through in the cups

A big factor for me is that if we lose to Everton or CSKA, we're out; it's over.

If we lose to Chelsea, we've got 12 more games and 36 points to play for; nothing would be lost, it'd be a dent but wouldn't stop us achieving any of the things we want to.

Me too, it's why I look up to you Scott.

Just.

the league is our bread and butter , the prize is playing champions league football and thats what every player wants ,

would you rather watch the likes of real madrid and ACmilan coming to VP next season or would you a trip out to the fa cup final ,

in 20 years time we could look back and history would show we'd won the cup back in 09

or we could get in to the champions league this season and with the extra revenue and lure of playing in the best club competion in the world

we could really push on and cement our place as serious contenders and in a couple of years we might be able to start the season aiming to win four trophies

in stead of hoping for a good cup run, maybe 4th if we're lucky and arguing which is most important

thats right DDID that is how much the win could be, beat Chelsea and we will ne 10 in front of Arse ad they would see Chelsea as the rivals and not us, also it means we can afford to lose a couple especially Ma Ure ad plop back to back

thats right DDID that is how much the win could be, beat Chelsea and we will ne 10 in front of Arse ad they would see Chelsea as the rivals and not us, also it means we can afford to lose a couple especially Ma Ure ad plop back to back
Good old Ma Ure! Not sure about plop back to back though. :suspect:

As long as we beat Chelsea I don't care about the cups.

I would love to see Villa at Wembley though. If we beat Everton then there is a good chance we could go all the way.

It's difficult, and I am glad it's MON's job and not mine to be honest.

While we're still on this tail-chasing subject, are there any other competitions people would like us to stop competing in?

I dont think anyone *wants* us to stop competing for anything. In fact, I am 100% sure that all the Villa fans on this board are united by a common desire to see Villa win everything.

The reason for the debate is that the manager has said, more or less that he doesnt think we *can* win everything, and that by trying to win everything he believes that we run the risk of not achieving what he has described as 'The Holy Grail' in the League. So the poll asks, if the manager is right, and we cant compete on all fronts, which fronts do you think we should compete in? Which competitions hold the greatest value for you as a fan? do you agree with his assertion that League position is everything, and the other cups are a bonus? Or would you rather trade League position for a day out in the sun at Wembley in May?

I think thats a very valid and interesting question, dont you?

Yes, I know.

So, given that you understand the question and the reasons for it, why pretend you didnt and ask whether there were any 'other' competitions people would 'like' us to stop competing in?

Yes, I know.

So, given that you understand the question and the reasons for it, why pretend you didnt and ask whether there were any 'other' competitions people would 'like' us to stop competing in?

Get out of the wrong side of bed looking for trouble did we?

Â