Your choice of 2 possible outcomes in the upcoming games

ianrobo1

Pick  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Beat Chelsea and go out of the cups
    • Lose to Chelsea and go through in the cups

Do not wish to vote on these two alternatives, if liverpool could win the european cup and league on and off for most of the mid seventies with the odd fa cup thrown in for good measure WHY can't we keep it all going as long as we possibly can ? I know chelski didn't win anything in the end last season but they we're unlucky in the c/l final and also the carling final. If we can now move on to the next level we've no reason to fear anyone this season. We won't get a better opportunity to achieve something this year, Is'nt time Villa won something AGAIN ?

Gardner Davis Knight Young------------Shorey

Young Barry Petrov Milner-----------Sidwell

Gabby Carew--------------Heskey Delf

If thats are fit first XI for sunday, gabby and barry have just played so would rest em agsint everton. Heskey cup tied ? so would play Delf and Sidwell. Dont see how we can make many more changes without playing shorey left midfield

If thats are fit first XI for sunday, gabby and barry have just played so would rest em agsint everton. Heskey cup tied ? so would play Delf and Sidwell. Dont see how we can make many more changes without playing shorey left midfield

Barry is suspended & Heskey isn't cup tied.

Barry is suspended & Heskey isn't cup tied.

Young Sidwell Petrov Milner-----------

Heskey Carew------------- Delf Gabby

Would think this is close then four sunday, so if playing Shorey to rest one player is what your asking then OK. Id rest Young L. But who else do you want to play

who else is there to play Salifou, Osbourne ? remember it is on telly.

I really really hate myself for it, but I think I'd honestly go option A.

If the me at the start of the season heard me now saying that I'd slap myself hard........geddit?

Stopping Arsenal getting top 4 is halfway there, if they miss out for a second season, its the end, Fabregas, Vpersie, wenger will all go

After careful deliberation I went with option B. If we lose to Chelsea we can still make top 4, maybe even top 3 or 2. If we go out the cups we don't have a second chance.

I would rest those players the other way round

my real concern is the lack of cover of the two CB's

I would almost play Clark i one fo the games because if we get an injury on oe of the two we have few options that would not mean really disrupting us

Wow, I thought I'd be in the minority. I was wrong :lol:

Beating Chelsea would be massive in so many ways. We'd be that much closer to the CL, and if that's the ultimate goal, then so be it.

Chelsea it is.

UTV!

I think that going out of both cups would be far too high a price to pay for 3 points particularly as the effect of doing so on our confidence would be likely to also cost us points after the Chelsea win. We really need to go for it on all fronts - who dares wins after all folks and the odds of us ending the season outside the top 4 and without a trophy would be much higher if all we had left to play for was a top 4 place.

Â