World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Flying mounts ruined the game.  I'm glad they are binning them. :)

Along with lots of other things!

Timeless Isle in MoP was just about one of the worst things they've ever done.

Don't think I'll bother with the expansion on reflection.  There's just not enough to do in the game that's fun any more.  The very best thing about it was the doing stuff with mates part, and that's virtually non-existent these days.

• Like 2

If you don't find it fun or interesting anymore then I don't blame you to be honest.

I think I enjoyed the last expansion more than any time in the game so i'm really stoked for WoD.

I think I'm done already.

The first quest chain was pretty nice, reintroduced some old faces, some nice cinematics, all very narrative driven and kept me wanting to go on to the next quest chain. Then half a level in, it's back to the tried and tested quests, run here, and kill 8 of these. Not too impressed by the first dungeon either. Glad I at least gave it a try, there won't be any doubts when it comes to new patches/expansions any more, this isn't for me.

Just finished the opening quest line, and now I'm getting to work on my garrison. Fun so far, the game looks really good, more polished.

I thought the first section was excellent and had a great 'epic' feel to it - definitely the best opening area in an expansion so far.

It felt like you were being dropped into the middle of a huge battle and you were a part of it - rather than just flitting around doing normal starter quests.

Absolutely loved the boss introductions with the names on the screen (very Borderlands).

Looking forward to a nice long session on it later today :thumb: 

• Like 1

What are the chances of Blizz giving me a free character transfer to join my mate. You would say no chance but factor in this;

My server is offering free transfers to other ones, just not the one my mate is on. The server he is on only has a Medium population. I've already transferred from that server in the past and don't want to pay again. Me moving to that server would give them £40 in expansion and sub fees because my friend would come back to the game.

I still have no chance don't I?

Edited by villarule123

Years ago a guy in our guild missed our (free) migration from Deathwing to Tarren Mill server because he was doing his national service and unable to transfer over with us before the deadline.  He appealed to Blizzard and they let him move.   Now while that is a much better reason than you have and he was asking to make a move which Blizzard had sanctioned relatively recently, they still let him transfer his characters.   

So my point is you should bullshit them with some sob story to increase your chances.   They will probably still say no, but it's worth opening a ticket or shooting them an email.  

I can't help but laugh after the documentary showed their gleaming plasma-cooled swat team secured never exposed to cameras before boner inducing mega server pod of awesomeness, and it all bugs out and crashes on the launch. Not quite the infallible game company after all....

The very best thing about it was the doing stuff with mates part, and that's virtually non-existent these days.

Agreed. LFG kept everyone in cities sitting around talking crap in trade chat. Not fun. Also the way they made everything a mad rush to level cap, with the xp boost heirloom gear, the group quests that got nerfed so you could solo them...so many things that turned the game from a unifying social experience into a project in solitude....

Â