World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I wasn't sold on it at first either. But once I hit about 92, I started to really feel like I was involved in it. The quests get better as you level, and you get to see what some old Outlands points of interest used to look like. It's pretty glorious. They did a great job with the artwork.

Yeah I'm 93 now and quite enjoying it. The thing is, it's not much of a time sink because it doesn't really feel like a multiplayer game any more if I'm honest. Of course you see other players running round, but there's very little interaction. And with your own garrison now, you don't even have much reason to go to a town and seen anybody else.

I know, and even the 3 player suggested quests are all soloable, unfortunately. A big gripe I have with the game is the way they destroyed the idea of teamwork while questing. They even went back and nerfed legit 3 man group quests, and I dont really know why.

The whole expansion feels very lazy so far I have to say.  Pandaria had a heck of a lot more variety to the quests and areas in general.  They've sunk a lot of time and money I guess into the garrisons, at the expense of the levelling quests.  I don't know what the end game stuff is like yet as I haven't got that far yet.

But MOP was brilliant to level up, with all sorts of quests including bombing people from afar, the dragon riding training etc.  WoD just seems to be a lot of "go to X, kill 12 spiders" all of the time.  The Pandaria world was a lot better as well, all very new and fresh.  This just feels like a lazy rehash of old expansions, which I know it's sort of supposed to be, but still.

The whole expansion feels very lazy so far I have to say.  Pandaria had a heck of a lot more variety to the quests and areas in general.  They've sunk a lot of time and money I guess into the garrisons, at the expense of the levelling quests.  I don't know what the end game stuff is like yet as I haven't got that far yet.

But MOP was brilliant to level up, with all sorts of quests including bombing people from afar, the dragon riding training etc.  WoD just seems to be a lot of "go to X, kill 12 spiders" all of the time.  The Pandaria world was a lot better as well, all very new and fresh.  This just feels like a lazy rehash of old expansions, which I know it's sort of supposed to be, but still.

I felt the same until I hit about 92-93. And now at 100, I'm going back to do quests I didn't do so I can get a couple more followers for my garrison. There are plenty if not more quest lines that are story driven and deviate from the "Kill 10 spiders' routine. The cutaway bits in WoD are the best yet, too.

I'm at L96 and am clearing out region by region, and I just simply haven't seen the variety that was in MoP.

On the plus side, having one of your followers accompany you on quests is great, I have an awesome mage that kicks massive arse on said spider-killing quests!

L98 and back in Nagrand.  I bloody love Nagrand!  OK it's been the same in every expansion, but it's still ace.  My favourite area by far.

Have you got the mount ability that let's you ride and fight at the same time yet? Thought that was great fun  :)

L98 and back in Nagrand.  I bloody love Nagrand!  OK it's been the same in every expansion, but it's still ace.  My favourite area by far.

Have you got the mount ability that let's you ride and fight at the same time yet? Thought that was great fun  :)

Not yet.  Sounds awesome though!  I love having one of your garrison followers help you when questing, lets you absolutely burn through mobs and rares.

Just got that, it's brilliant.

• Like 1

Well I dinged 100, and enjoyed getting there, but overall I have to say it's by far the weakest expansion. There just not enough to do, and having a whole area in a relatively small map that you can't visit yet is rubbish. Some nice touches like the garrisons and area-specific bonus abilities, but overall it feels very lazy, and they've massively dumbed down most of the characters.

Yes, I haven't had much fun since hitting 100 I must say, there's quite a bit to do but none of it particlularly appealing. I disagree about it being the weakest expansion though. It's not in the same class as MOP but it trounces Cata into the ground for me.

I doubt i'll be on much once the final version of Elite Dangerous comes out on Dec 16th. I only have time for one MMO at a time and i'll be opting for the one i've been waiting nearly 30 years for.

Yeah, I've run all the heroics, crafted a couple of pieces for myself, but now I'm just not that keen to log on and languish in my garrison, sending followers to do scripted "missions". 

Blizz will regret adding garrisons, because a lot of people will not want to level their alts now, because garrisons are ok once, but then it's just a boring chore, with little to keep you interested. A scrapyard? Not happening. People will see some raid content on their mains, and then unsub. Garrisons will end up costing Blizz  a ton of money.

Also, they took out flying so we could be out in the world more, but garrisons have effectively kept us in isolation. Weird thinking on Blizzard's part.

I'm unsubbing today. I really enjoyed the questing, and the dungeons were pretty good, but this only ends in boredom.

Until the next xpac.  :)

Agree entirely, there's just very little feeling of it being a multiplayer any more. There are very few reasons to leave your garrison at all and it's just a FarmVille type time sink. Also, how is it possible to only see two opposing faction players in the whole time I've been levelling up on a pvp server? Rubbish.

Looking at the WoW forum, seems like a mass exodus is underway, with a lot of people saying the same things we've said on here.

Amazing that an xpac that was so much fun from 90-100 just crashed and burned so quickly once capped. 

Blizz might want to look into developing two separate Warcraft games. The dumbed down Pokemon style thing they're doing now, and a return to Wrath era WoW, before much of it got nerfed.

A kids WoW and a 18+ WoW, basically.

Weird, my sub was supposed to end this morning, but now it ends on the 15th. I bet they've thrown unsubbers a 5 day bone while they scramble to find a way to get us to resub  :lol:

They did.

I've only got to 91, really can't be arsed to play it.

Â