World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Well, I was going to level my rogue, and took him to 94, but I missed playing my hunter, so I've leveled him to 93 as of last night. Really getting into it now, it feels much more immersive than Cata, and more expansive and dark than Mists. Shattrath City looks stunning.

Cheers Rev!

I reckon I'd be a Tank.

A lot of classes have a tanking spec-

Warrior (can also be dps)

Paladin (can also be healer or dps)

Death Knight (a class that starts at level 55, so I wouldn't recommend it to a new player)

Druid (can also be healer and dps)

Monk (can also be healer or dps)

I got my War to 100 last night so I can have a really good look at my garrison now as the little bits i've played have been really interesting.

The expansion definitely gets a big thumbs up from me. They’ve created a pretty immersive storyline again where you really do feel like you’re part of the bigger picture (how cool is it being called Commander by Thrall?) and i’ve enjoyed the addition of the bonus quests and the increase in rares etc. Also like the chance of upgrade on your drops, a really nice feature indeed. Nothing better than seeing a green drop turn into a blue etc.

I need to have a look at the Tanaan Jungle (lvl 100 area) and i skipped over Shadowmoon so that’ll be on my list too as i want to see how it looks in comparison to the BC version.

There is also a quite brilliant quest involving Mankrik which I thought was lovely

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

It's just too much of a time sink for me to be honest.   I enjoyed the game most when I was deep into it with raiding and battlegrounds (never cared much for the arena, but a good premade in the BG's is great fun, I guess I prefer the objective based games) and while running around casually is fun and all that, I just find myself thinking it's never the same as it was during the glory days.  

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the game more now because I've defined what I ultimately want from it. Before, especially in WOTLK, I was raiding regularly, but everyone seemed under pressure, and not really getting any joy from it. Studying videos to prepare for a raid, people running simulators to tweak their stats just right, etc. It got way too nerdy for me. What I love about it is what I loved originally, which was exploring, world pvp, questing and doing dungeons. And all the raid gear I could try and get will just be replaced by greens that I get from a murloc somewhere in the next xpac. I think they made a good choice in not allowing flight in WoD. The world seems so much bigger. Just like back in the day. I hope they keep it this way.

• Like 1

Well I gave in and got the expansion.  They seem to have sorted the issues with the queues, which is good, obviously.  I'm only at L91 so far, but the first level doesn't seem too orginal so far.  It's a snowy landscape, which I like, but other than that it's the usual expansion pack first few quests which consist of a battle ground where you have to kill so many eople, before it then changes to a safe area.  The garrison seems like a novel idea, but I'm not convinced how useful it is really.  It's essentially just a private town with nobody else in it.  It is still fun exploring though, and trying to find a flight path while being chased by a pack of L100 ogres was like old times.

• Like 1

I wasn't sold on it at first either. But once I hit about 92, I started to really feel like I was involved in it. The quests get better as you level, and you get to see what some old Outlands points of interest used to look like. It's pretty glorious. They did a great job with the artwork. 

I wasn't sold on it at first either. But once I hit about 92, I started to really feel like I was involved in it. The quests get better as you level, and you get to see what some old Outlands points of interest used to look like. It's pretty glorious. They did a great job with the artwork.

Yeah I'm 93 now and quite enjoying it. The thing is, it's not much of a time sink because it doesn't really feel like a multiplayer game any more if I'm honest. Of course you see other players running round, but there's very little interaction. And with your own garrison now, you don't even have much reason to go to a town and seen anybody else.

I dinged 100 last night on my hunter. I chose customized arrows skill over Lone wolf. Lone Wolf increases damage by 30%, but only when your pet is inactive...so....why would I even want a pet active? Maybe that's the point, for end game stuff, you can just not call your pet who will very well die in a boss fight anyway, and apparently it grants some group buffs. Maybe I'll just switch out the skill as needed if I decide to check out some raid content.

Edited by maqroll

Warlocks had a similar thing back in TBC called Demonic Sacrifice. You got a significant buff if you killed your demon with a specific spell, I can't recall exactly what it was but I think you could choose between increased shadow damage, increased fire damage, increased health regen or increased mana regen. It was very handy if you didn't need a pet to tank.

Â