The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Yeah barca is a strange one where you can go in with little experience but the right philosophy and do fine. They're a pepper club where changing the manager doesn't mean sweeping changes to playing style like you see in England.

Build a club philosophy first, then bring in managers to fit that

It's a bit like the old Liverpool boot room.  That system was incredibly successful for 20+ years at Anfield and I think Barcelona are definitely influenced by it. 

i think alves has one year left on his contract and wants something like £250k a week to renew, they have montoya as back up who always looks decent to me

rafinha will no doubt get some game time next season, and probably dongou as well as sergi roberto, tello has already made noises about not playing enough, then you also have grimaldo, samper, bagnack and denis suarez who will all get a chance in the next 2 years

but cuenca isnt good enough and will leave, so will bojan, affelay, kerrison, then if you add fabregas, mascherano and alexis, thats a crazy amount of turnover

not sure if barca can afford to do the club in transition but fans dont mind because we have a hero in charge and he's playing local lads

Alexis sanchez was in great form earlier this season, he's just not used properly most of the time. Mascherano has been an unsung hero and Fabregas is just world class.

Must be planning a HUGE overhaul and needs funds.

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona's previous stadium was called the Camp de Les Corts.  The Camp Nou literally translates as new field which was a reference to the fact that their first ground was not the new one. You can't have an old Nou Camp. ;) 

• Like 1

Â