The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Wouldn't say it's a conspiracy or anything but it's unfair for sure..

Bilbao also asked if they can move it but Barcelona refused to move it because of their Milan game.

Fixture should've been delayed for another date.

It happens all the time in every league. Remember our infamous away trip to Moscow?

It happens all the time in every league. Remember our infamous away trip to Moscow?

am pretty sure we played Stoke on the Sunday, still a 3 day rest, 2 days isnt really fair

maybe its just me but I dont think I have ever seen anything as ridiculous as today. Bilbao played a really tough game thursday so why did they have to play today less than 48 hours after last game.

Another conspiracy to help Barcelona win league

:crylaugh:

get a grip

maybe its just me but I dont think I have ever seen anything as ridiculous as today. Bilbao played a really tough game thursday so why did they have to play today less than 48 hours after last game.

Another conspiracy to help Barcelona win league

Funny how you fail to mention the blatant dive by Ronaldo (shock) for the freekick which led to their 4th and the countless 50/50 decisions which all seemed to go the way of Real.

Or Pepe geting a red for stamping on his hand in the same game?

This could go on forever. There's no conspiracy and all sides get good or bad decisions for and against them

Can't recall the last time Barca had a player wrongly sent off?

But yeah, there's always going to be one team that gets more decision there way than another team. To say otherwise is to say that either refs are all perfect or that decisions perfectly balance out - neither are true.

But yeah, there's always going to be one team that gets more decision there way than another team. To say otherwise is to say that either refs are all perfect or that decisions perfectly balance out - neither are true.

Thiago's sending off last week was wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cleSnyEHN6c

They were only 1-0 up at the time but got on with it and won 2-0

Can't really say that was at fault by the referee, it really looks like Thiago uses his shoulder to control the ball. If he did or not is hard to tell by some crappy YouTube-video. Anyway, a second yellow card is not the same as throwing a wrong red card out for the sake of it like Pepe against Alves (I think) a year ago. That was pathetic and never a red card if you ask me, the Barca players got the better of the ref.

As far as being a conspiracy going on? I am a Real Madrid-fan and I don't think so, why would there? Real play aggressive in a league where cards are handed out like candy on Halloween. There are always red cards and lots of yellows compared to the English league, and you get punished for tackling over the top. There have been many mistakes by the very poor referees in Spain, just like England, but that goes both ways. I remember Diarra deserving a second yellow card against Barcelona (100% clear) when he got nothing and I remember Messi deserving a blatant second yellow as well. He didn't get one because he is Leo Messi, but that has got nothing to do with Real Madrid.

The problem is the state of the referees. Some can handle pressure, and some really cannot. Just look at Villarreal - Real Madrid and you see what I am talking about. The ref lost the plot completely and shipped out everyone, ending up with 2 less Real-players and 2 less on the bench. Pathetic.

The problem in Spain is the standard of refereeing. There is no conspiracy going on to help either Real or Barca, it is simply just down to the refs from Spain being utter shite.

This comes from someone who watches 3 or 4 La Liga games a weekend. Not the odd Real or Barca game here and there.

And for the record, I am a Málaga fan. :)

Yep that has been true this season and evidence has proven that to be Real Madrid this season.

Can't really say that was at fault by the referee, it really looks like Thiago uses his shoulder to control the ball. If he did or not is hard to tell by some crappy YouTube-video. Anyway, a second yellow card is not the same as throwing a wrong red card out for the sake of it like Pepe against Alves (I think) a year ago. That was pathetic and never a red card if you ask me, the Barca players got the better of the ref.

As far as being a conspiracy going on? I am a Real Madrid-fan and I don't think so, why would there? Real play aggressive in a league where cards are handed out like candy on Halloween. There are always red cards and lots of yellows compared to the English league, and you get punished for tackling over the top. There have been many mistakes by the very poor referees in Spain, just like England, but that goes both ways. I remember Diarra deserving a second yellow card against Barcelona (100% clear) when he got nothing and I remember Messi deserving a blatant second yellow as well. He didn't get one because he is Leo Messi, but that has got nothing to do with Real Madrid.

The problem is the state of the referees. Some can handle pressure, and some really cannot. Just look at Villarreal - Real Madrid and you see what I am talking about. The ref lost the plot completely and shipped out everyone, ending up with 2 less Real-players and 2 less on the bench. Pathetic.

That's the point we were trying to make.

There are bad decisions, of course there are. But there are as many, if not more, that go in Madrid's favour than Barca's, and all this talk of a conspiracy is total fantasy.

Anyway Barca get all the decisions.

12 penalty decisions in La Liga which they haven't got; http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/the-12-penalty-decisions-that-have-gone-against-barcelona-in-20112012/

A couple are debatable but definitely 8/9 are stonewallers. We're talking a huge amount, not just 1/2. They dropped a fair few points out of those games with some shocking decisions like Valencia and Villarreal.

Oh and just off last week, Puyol and Sanchez both had definite penalties turned down against Milan.

Oh and not in there was Busquets penalty should have been in their 1-0 loss at Getafe i think it was and Messi disallowed goal which wasn't offside also.

Osasuna as well when they lost 3-2, Osasuna's 2nd goal was offside. Sanchez first half as well was around 2/3 yards onside and finished but was called offside.

but no, all Refs love Barca.....yawn.

Real Madrid were very lucky against Getafe both home and away with some important decisions going their way and Mallorca away.

Â