General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Sorry I have been off the net for the past couple of days....have been driving from Tennessee to Florida. I was unable to see either game so I can't really say anything about them from first hand knowledge. Randy indicated to me that Arsenal was pretty much "on their game" and that winning at the Emirates when Arsenal is "on" is always going to be tough. The word I received on the L'pool game is that we actually played better but just could not capitalize on our opportunities. Again before I make any comment, I will need to see the games. At the end of the day, we lost them both and MUST get back on the winning ways. We have a very good Squad and I believe we ARE competitive with the "top 4" and we just need to keep after it.

2. shilzz: I can understand how the actions of these fans would have caused great upset by those in the Holte End. You comment that the "club allowed this to happen." I am not sure how the club "allowed" it to happen. Did anyone point this conduct out to a steward? If the club was unaware of the action, I am not sure it is fair to blame the club. Again, it is hard to manage the actions of a fan when their team scores a goal in the 93rd minute. I have been in the Holte Rnd many times and I cannot imagine our fans "cooling their jets" if the same thing had happened and we were on the winning end. It is pretty tough to control. Obviously we MUST keep taunting and other abusive behavior to a minimum and we try to do just that. To do so, we need to know it is taking place.

2. Blackburn tickets are going well....hopefully we will have a sell out.

3. Legendary_10: We do not have a relationship with a Bank in Chester. The Bank in Chester is owned by Bank of America and we have no connection with them. The bank in Chester use to be owned by MBNA but is no longer owned by them. Randy has zero to do with the Bank.

General. Many thanks for the reply, it means a lot. I accept your point on the matter and at the time there was little the club could do about it particularly being so close to the final whistle. I also accept that it would be difficult if not impossible to 'vet' people willing to pay good money for the suites. I just think that perhaps it might be sensible/prudent if the boxes closest to the holte end are kept for clients with a good record where the club can be more confident that the same thing wouldn't happen again. I know this sounds petty, but it wasn't just a couple of people celebrating, it was people genuinly trying to instill hatred into the holte and quite a lot of people around me were massively angered by it. Many more so than myself.

Merry Christmas General and all the best for next year for boh yourself and Villa.

My father in law was looking to buy me a voucher for the Villa club shop for Christmas and was told that no such thing exists. Is this the case? Surely we are missing a trick if there isn't one? Maybe it could also be used for payments towards match tickets?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

I get vouchers every year

General, I applaud the club on the efforts to get more people in to the less attractive games like the Blackburn FA Cup game on Saturday. I think the marketing email came a little too late to make a massive difference as it was too late to order tickets and get them posted out.

Bearing in mind the amount of money to be made from other sales e.g. food, drink, programmes, merchandise etc. have you thought about making any games free entry? Would the profit from other sales then balance out the lost revenue from gate receipts? I would have thought the food and drink sales alone would have been very lucrative. I personally spend more than my ticket cost on other stuff inside the ground and I would suggest that getting 10,000 more people into the ground would encourage the people to spend more on other items than they normally would due to not having spent on tickets. Also the marketing and goodwill you would get from it would be priceless, I'm sure the biggest obstacle would be getting over the thought of devaluing the matchday spectacle and potentially getting less committed or even non-fans in but of course that could be seen as an advantage to broaden the fanbase.

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year.

p.s. I think any company that looks forward and embraces new technologies has more chance of being successful. We should be at the tip of the football pile for technology, incorporating things like:

* Automated card ticket collection machines like in Cinemas

* Debit/Credit card payment for food/drink inside the ground (McDonalds can do it quicker than cash payments)

* Selecting individual seats when buying online

* Full coverage WiFi inside (and outside) the stadium

* iPhone and Android AVFC apps with streaming videos

Cheers :)

General Krulak here:

1. dirk1978: Making games free would cause far more problems than it would solve. How do you explain a "free" game to a season ticket holder? Do we really believe that sales thru hospitality will recoup lost revenue from ticket sales...even if the stadium is not full? The answer is no. Free entrance to the stadium would mean additional people to operate within the stadium...from security, to kiosk workers, to custodians, etc. We regulate our "help" by the number of fans coming to the game...and if the numbers stay the same but the revenue drops, it is a lose-lose for the Club.

General Krulak here:

1. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL VILLA TALK VILLANS!! I THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSIGHTS, COMMENTS (GOOD, BAD AND UGLY), AND YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS YANK. I PROMISE THAT WE DO LISTEN AND DO TRY TO TAKE ACTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. WE CANNOT BE ALL THINGS TO ALL PEOPLE BUT WE DO TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS. FANS DESERVE NOTHING LESS!!

Hey General!

Firstly, a massive, huge and exuberant happy new year to yourself and your family! I hope 2010 is one of full health, many smiles and utter villa / cleveland brown success!

Secondly, I went to the Liverpool game in the snow and rain, and at half time, unsurprisingly, was desperate for a hot bovril / hot chocolate or anything to warm me up!

Given the high attendance, "reputable" opponents and cold weather, I assumed the kiosks would be fully staffed to serve the masses with warm foodage!

Wrong.

I was sat in K4 Upper Holte, and there were 4 people at the kiosk, serving at an estimate 300 waiting punters. There must be a better way of doing things than this. There have been untold improvments in everything Villa since Randy became our saviour, however the pre-game and half time service has not improved, and must surely be costing the club money in lost revenue? I would have bought 3 coffees given the opportunity!

Just a small gripe given the obvious leaps and bounds of improvements made, but thought i would pass on my experience anyway.

Up the Villa General, and here's to you getting over to VP as soon as possible.

Don Simon

I have to echo the thoughts of the above poster.

We've made some great improvments but the catering side (non corporate) still has some serious work to be done.

Lack of stock, lack of staff and probably not the most effective payment systems.

Cheers though and a happy new year :winkold:

General a question on the allocation of away tickets to Blackburn. I have my ticket and this isn't a plea to try and get more but a question of why they wont give us more? Is it Police instructions or is it Blackburn in fear of us making too much noise.

I ask because the following report indicates that they cant even sell theres so any reason of them holding onto tickets for their own fans goes right out of the window.

What do you think after seeing this?

JOHN Williams insists the importance of a packed Ewood Park cannot be underestimated as he looks for Blackburn Rovers to seal their place at Wembley.

The Rovers chairman is relishing Tuesday night’s Carling Cup semi-final first leg clash at home to Aston Villa, admitting ‘it is as good as it gets’, and believes a bumper attendance could help them on their way.

Rovers have so far only sold a disappointing 11,000 tickets for the clash, with Villa’s away allocation already sold out, but Williams believes a late rush can still provide that extra boost.

Ticket prices have been slashed to just £15 in some areas of Ewood, half of what Villa fans are being charged for the return leg.

Williams said: “For us to get in another semi final is incredible. This is as good as it gets and it would be fantastic if we could fill Ewood for what is a vital game."

link

Hi General,

I hope you and your family had a great Christmas. Happy New Year to you all and let's hope the Villa make it a winning one in 2010.

Will you be over for any of the 3 home cup games against Blackburn? I say home because let's face it, Ewood Park may as well be called Villa Park for Tuesday night! I have my ticket and cannot wait to be there to experience a brilliant, Villa created atmosphere.

It is nice to hear Martin's comments on tv recently. It seems that the playing down of our chances for CL qualification have subsided and that he now has every confidence in our team. I love this and I just hope the belief spreads to the players because we are good enough on our day and if that day comes more often than not then this season should see us finish in the top four.

General Krulak = Villa Legend! Up The Villa! :D