General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I hope that you are having a good festive period.

I just wondered if there is any news on having cash machines at Villa Park? I have forgotten to withdraw money before a match in the past and I always buy food and a programme...Sometimes when its raining I don't feel like walking up to Tesco to get cash...

It would just increase convenience for fans.

Also some cash machines charge £1 or £1.50 to withdraw your money....I would be happy if Villa charged £1 to withdraw money if the money went to Acorns. I also think a lot of people would be happy to do this. A win-win situation for fans and Acorns if this could happen.

Thanks, Matt.

General Krulak here:

1. Cash Machines: As many know, we have been looking into this for a few months. I wish it were as simple as just putting one up but, as you all know, the machine needs to be "sponsored" by someone...a bank, etc. Getting someone to put one on Villa Park to be used, maybe, once a week is not the easiest thing to do. We are still working on it.

2. I absolutely will be coming over for some games. To date my Doctor has not let me fly but I think he is about ready to relent...or I will choke him like a chicken!!

General Krulak here:

2. I absolutely will be coming over for some games. To date my Doctor has not let me fly but I think he is about ready to relent...or I will choke him like a chicken!!

Superb! :hooray::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

General Krulak here:

1. Cash Machines: As many know, we have been looking into this for a few months. I wish it were as simple as just putting one up but, as you all know, the machine needs to be "sponsored" by someone...a bank, etc. Getting someone to put one on Villa Park to be used, maybe, once a week is not the easiest thing to do. We are still working on it.

Put him in the 'hurt locker' big chief :)

General,

I hope you had a great Christmas. Mine was only spoiled by our defeat against Arsenal but we will put that right tonight.

Can you (or Nikki, I know she reads this thread) please advise how ticket sales are going for both Blackburn home cup fixtures? I expect the FA Cup game to struggle but I would be very disappointed, and embarassed, if we did not sell out the semi final. Are we on target to do so?

Best wishes for 2010, hopefully we'll see you back at VP in good health sharing great times with us all.

General Krulak here:

There is me thinking why can't we use the bank from Chester who had strong connection with the club :)

Merry Christmas General and all the best for next year for boh yourself and Villa.

My father in law was looking to buy me a voucher for the Villa club shop for Christmas and was told that no such thing exists. Is this the case? Surely we are missing a trick if there isn't one? Maybe it could also be used for payments towards match tickets?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

General, i hope all is well in your family household and that you've had a good christmas. Gutted about the recent results but every team falters at some point. I do need to raise one very significant issue with you that you may or may not already be aware of. During last night's game a few liverpool fans had rented out a box in the doug ellis stand, the one closest to the holte. Upon liverpool scoring the supporters within the box were celebrating like crazy and spent the rest of the game gesturing towards the holte end. At the end of a very intense and ultimately disappointing game i found this extremely hard to take and i couldn't hide my anger. Many others in the area reacted with the same amount of anger and one individual in the ellis stand actually confronted the individuals in question. I know this kind of incident must be difficult to control but it made a bad evening even worse. I personally don't think we should be subjected to this kind of nonesense and am a little upset that the club allowed this to happen. Thats possibly the first significant gripe i've had with the club during your tenure and i do think you are doing an absolutely amazing job, so many thanks and long may it continue.

General

After the Liverpool goal last night, about five idiots in the hospitality box nearest the Holte End in the Witton Lane Stand, did their best to incite an incident by jumping around and lauding it up well after the goal. All they were trying to do was wind up Villa fans and basically take the piss, which they succeeded in doing, as they were confronted by a few Villa fans, if this had happened in any other area of the ground, away supporters would have been kicked out, but is there a different rule for the ' prawn sandwich brigade'.

I have stopped having a beer at half time, due to most time it being warm, and last night after waiting to get served for what i thought would be a nice hot bovril only to find it luke warm, it s too busy to take it back and complain, if the club want people to spend there cash in the ground they need to greatly improve the caterers they employ.

Still gutted after last night, but sure we will turn it round.

Have a good new year

UTV

General,

I also saw the gentlemen in the box at the rear of the Lower Doug Ellis and this is a problem that has occurred a number of times in the past where companies invite supporters of the opposition and they behave inappropriately.

Granted, on many occasions, the passion of the moment gets the better of them and they break out into a cheer, I think that's understandable and often times we don't react to it in the right way. I've seen it happen a couple of times where the opposition fan has then gone back into the box and taken a more discreet approach, I think that's acceptable enough.

Last night (and on a couple of occasions previously) the fans in the box took great delight in mocking the home supporters and made a number of rude gestures, they were happy to get involved in the slanging match that followed and keen to throw punches when the situation escalated.

Fans in this section of the ground have been written to in the past to apologise for this type of incident and I believe a notice was sent to box holders in the stand.

From the clubs point of view I'm happy to report that two (fairly large) gentlemen in club blazers arrived quite promptly and encouraged the away supporters back into the warmth of the box.

However, I think it's time that box holders were asked to take responsibility for their guests and would ask that Mr Handley investigate the matter.

I in no way attempt to justify the behaviour of Villa supporters who rise to the bait and get involved with away supporters, but I feel that without proper sanction against box holders in this situation, further incident is unavoidable.

General, to add to the above, without wishing to perpetuate childish rumour mongering, it is worth noting that one of the liverpool fans in question did aim a punch at a villa fan, who untill that point hadn't shown any physical aggression towards him. Having read out by easters post, i now feel more informed about the situation and am more sympathetic towards the efforts made by the club. That said, however, i wouldn't want to encounter the same scenario again in the future if it is at all avoidable. Many thanks.

General

The North stand lower concourses get very congested, they seem too small in relation to the amount of people in this area. To make these more pleasant and safer, will the plans for new North stand include making the North stand lower concourses bigger or make them into one big concourse ??

General

After the Liverpool goal last night, about five idiots in the hospitality box nearest the Holte End in the Witton Lane Stand, did their best to incite an incident by jumping around and lauding it up well after the goal. All they were trying to do was wind up Villa fans and basically take the piss, which they succeeded in doing, as they were confronted by a few Villa fans, if this had happened in any other area of the ground, away supporters would have been kicked out, but is there a different rule for the ' prawn sandwich brigade'.

UTV

To be fair, the goal was scored far too late for anything to be done. The final whistle would have gone by the time the incident could have been reported and dealt with, plus the stewards were preparing to deal with 42'000 people leaving the stadium at the same time.

I have seen people in executive boxes kicked out (or at least moved out of sight) for antagonising Villa fans after the opposition have scored on more than one occasion. I think you are being a bit unfair to the stewards with this one.