which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

there is a forward not mentioned for a while

Kevin Doyle ?

I assume the speculation died down because he signed a new contract. Decent player, could do well here. Truth be told I'd be happy with most of the players we've been linked with, but I would like us to sign two strikers ideally, because Harewood just doesn't cut it. That's particularly pertinent if one of the strikers we sign is Heskey. I think Heskey is a decent hold up man, but in the event of injuries, we're **** if we're relying on him for goals.

Realistically, I think Michael Owen would be a good signing, when he is not injured, he can score vital goals

Unrealistically, Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland would a decent signing I think, he can also score vital goals, he has scored some good goals for Sunderland, and has a cracking header on him

I don't want Doyle, he is going to help keep the shit down by firing Reading up :) Seriously though he is not a bad player and definitely a better player than Marlon. Would love to see a fit Dean Ashton but the one who could really fire us is Michael Owen. Not the best player on there but that boy knows where the net is.

Mike Ashley has stated he has offered 80,000 a week to Owen to stay but that he could be offered more else where and want to leave and he would be unable to stop him as he dosen't have the money that others have.

I think he is paving the way for him to go in JAN.

He knows Owen wants to play for a better team to improve his chances of going to South Africa but publicly branding him a money grabber makes his team seem less shit when he leaves

Heskey is coming in Janaury - fact

I know anyone could come on here and say this BUT I know for a fact from someone directly involved in the deal that Heskey is coming in Janaury.

I'm not able to give any more details than that - I've seen people post similar things to this in the past and get slated for it. Obviously up to you if you believe it or not.

for the record I'd prefer Owen, Defoe or Doyle before Heskey

Â