which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

Ashton is similair to Carew in the sense he can't cover much ground and he's injur prone.

If we can get him, I say go for it. But I think when theyre both fit we'll struggle to keep them happy.

I think Ashton has a better touch than big john though.

Santa Cruz for me every time.

Ashton would be best for us IMO but he can not stay fit for 5 minutes.

Heskey and Owen would be fantastic but will both deteriorate over the next season or two.

Ashton has not had a history of injuries if you look at his appearance stats.

According to Physioroom he has!

This is just the last 2 years..

Os Trigonum Syndrome West Ham United Injuries 2008 September 15th

Calf/Shin Injury West Ham United Injuries 2008 August 18th

Hamstring Injury West Ham United Injuries 2008 May 9th

Back Injury West Ham United Injuries 2008 January 25th

MCL Knee Ligament Injury West Ham United Injuries 2007 October 8th

Ankle/Foot Injury West Ham United Injuries 2006 August 15th

Hamstring Injury West Ham United Injuries 2006 May 2nd

Groin Strain West Ham United Injuries 2006 January 27th

Santa Cruz for me every time.

Ashton would be best for us IMO but he can not stay fit for 5 minutes.

Heskey and Owen would be fantastic but will both deteriorate over the next season or two.

Ashton has not had a history of injuries if you look at his appearance stats.

According to Physioroom he has!

This is just the last 2 years..

Os Trigonum Syndrome West Ham United Injuries 2008 September 15th

Calf/Shin Injury West Ham United Injuries 2008 August 18th

Hamstring Injury West Ham United Injuries 2008 May 9th

Back Injury West Ham United Injuries 2008 January 25th

MCL Knee Ligament Injury West Ham United Injuries 2007 October 8th

Ankle/Foot Injury West Ham United Injuries 2006 August 15th

Hamstring Injury West Ham United Injuries 2006 May 2nd

Groin Strain West Ham United Injuries 2006 January 27th

That's the Chadwell Heath training ground for you. It's in such a bad state that even Superman would do himself an injury there. Also I notice that Ashton has had to employ the same physio as Michael Owen uses, which doesn't say much for the Chadwell Heath staff.

I wouldnt mind any of them (havent heard of jovanovic tho!) but im torn between owen and ashton! ive always been a fan of ashton as my dad's a crewe fan so i went to watch him quite often a few years back and have followed his career since. he is a very good finisher, as is owen, but we need someone in the carew mould, and even tho heskey does a brilliant job as weve seen for england recently, i think ashton can give us that plus goals where as heskey gets about 6 a season. Ashton has been given the injury-prone tag, but before he joined west ham i cant remembr him ever having a injury thats ever kept him out more than a couple of games, hes had 2 bad injuries but once hes over the current one i think he will be bk in the england reckoning and hopefully get rid of the injury prone image

It's all very well to say Heskey, Owen or anybody else would work well with Gabby, but what happens when Gabby is injured?

We need a player who is strong, confident and can score, who can play regardless of who he is partnering, or who could do the lone striker role.

I chose RSC from the list but I would just as soon have Doyle or Sturridge.

Ashton when fit would be an amazing signing - would prefer him over owen, RSC and Defoe IF FIT. But the last 2 years cannot just be looked past, if we spend over 10 million on a player I expect that player to play a good 70% of our games in the season otherwise it is a bad signing... Can't be guaranteed by anybody but is more likely in a player that is consistently fit that we get value for money- which is why i voted for Defoe. Don't care what anyone says he is a natural finisher and we would of killed to have him over Pompey a year-or-so ago.

Â